Today, we will learn how to make WiFi calls on Android. With the advancements in technology, it has become easier than ever to stay connected with friends and family.
One of the convenient ways to make calls is through WiFi. In this tutorial, we will explore how you can make WiFi calls on your Android device.
What is WiFi calling?
WiFi calling allows you to make phone calls over a WiFi network instead of using your cellular network. This can be particularly useful in areas with weak or no cellular signal, but a strong WiFi connection. It enables you to make and receive calls using your existing phone number over a WiFi network.
Requirements for WiFi calling
To use WiFi calling on your Android device, you need to meet a few requirements:
- An Android device: Ensure that your device supports WiFi calling. Most modern Android devices have this feature built-in.
- A compatible carrier: Check if your mobile carrier supports WiFi calling. Not all carriers offer this service.
- A stable WiFi connection: Connect your device to a reliable and secure WiFi network.
- An active internet plan: Verify that you have an active internet plan or access to the internet through the connected WiFi network.
Setting up WiFi calling on Android
If your device and carrier support WiFi calling, follow these steps to set it up:
Step 1: Enable WiFi calling
To enable WiFi calling on your Android device, go to your phone’s settings menu. Look for the “WiFi Calling” option under the “Connections” or “Network & Internet” section. Toggle the switch to enable it.
Step 2: Configure settings
Once WiFi calling is enabled, you may need to configure some additional settings. These settings might include your emergency address and whether you prefer to use WiFi calling when available or only in areas with poor cellular reception. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Step 3: Make a WiFi call
After setting up WiFi calling, making a call is as simple as dialing a number. Open your phone’s dialer app and enter the desired phone number or select a contact from your address book. The call will be placed using WiFi instead of your cellular network.
Troubleshooting WiFi calling issues
If you encounter any issues with WiFi calling on your Android device, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection through WiFi.
- Restart your device: Sometimes, a simple device restart can resolve connectivity issues.
- Update software: Keep your device’s software up to date to benefit from bug fixes and improvements.
- Contact your carrier: If the problem persists, reach out to your carrier’s customer support for assistance.
That’s it! You now know how to make WiFi calls on Android. Enjoy the convenience of staying connected even in areas with weak cellular coverage by utilizing WiFi calling on your Android device.
Note: The availability and exact steps for enabling WiFi calling may vary depending on your Android version and mobile carrier.
We hope you found this tutorial helpful. Stay tuned for more informative articles!