Are you an Android user who recently got your hands on a pair of AirPods? If so, you might be wondering how to update your AirPods firmware on your Android device.
Updating your AirPods is essential to ensure that you have the latest features and bug fixes. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of updating AirPods on Android.
Step 1: Install the AirBattery App
To update your AirPods firmware on Android, you’ll need to use a third-party app called AirBattery. This app allows you to check the battery level of your AirPods and also provides the option to update their firmware.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for “AirBattery” in the search bar.
- Select the AirBattery app from the search results.
- Tap on “Install” to download and install the app on your device.
Step 2: Connect Your AirPods to Your Android Device
Before updating the firmware, make sure that your AirPods are connected to your Android device. Here’s how:
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your Android device.
- Put your AirPods in pairing mode. To do this, open the lid of your AirPods case and press and hold the setup button on the back of it until the LED light starts flashing white.
- In your Bluetooth settings, you should see “AirPods” or a similar name listed under available devices.
- Tap on the AirPods to connect them to your Android device.
Step 3: Update the AirPods Firmware
Now that you have the AirBattery app installed and your AirPods connected to your Android device, you can proceed with updating their firmware.
- Open the AirBattery app on your Android device.
- You should see a battery icon representing your AirPods at the top of the screen. Tap on it to access more information.
- In the AirPods details, you’ll find an option to update the firmware if an update is available. If no update is available, this option might not be visible.
- Tap on “Update firmware” and follow any additional prompts that may appear.
If you encounter any issues during the update process, make sure that your AirPods have enough battery life and are in close proximity to your Android device. Additionally, ensure that both your Android device and the AirBattery app are running on their latest versions for optimal compatibility.
Updating your AirPods firmware on Android is a simple process with the help of the AirBattery app. By following these steps, you can ensure that your AirPods are up-to-date with all the latest features and improvements. So, go ahead and enjoy an enhanced audio experience with your updated AirPods!
I hope this tutorial was helpful in guiding you through updating your AirPods firmware on Android. Happy listening!