Uninstalling OneDrive on Mac can be a bit tricky if you’re not familiar with the process. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the steps to completely remove OneDrive from your Mac. So, let’s get started!
Step 1: Quit OneDrive
Before uninstalling OneDrive, make sure it is not running in the background. To quit OneDrive, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1.1: Click on the OneDrive icon located in the menu bar at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Step 1.2: From the dropdown menu, select Quit OneDrive.
Step 2: Remove OneDrive from Applications Folder
The next step involves removing the OneDrive application from your Applications folder. Follow these steps carefully:
- Step 2.1: Open a new Finder window.
- Step 2.2: In the left sidebar, click on Applications.3: Locate and select OneDrive.app.4: Drag and drop OneDrive.app to the Trash icon in your Dock.
Note: If you encounter any error messages while moving OneDrive to Trash, try restarting your Mac and then repeat this step.
If you are unable to locate OneDrive in your Applications folder, it’s possible that you have installed it using a different method. In this case, try searching for OneDrive using the Spotlight search (Command + Space) and follow the same steps to move it to Trash.
Step 3: Remove OneDrive Files
Although you have removed the OneDrive application, some leftover files may still exist on your Mac. To ensure a complete uninstallation, follow these steps:
- Step 3.
- Step 3.2: In the menu bar at the top, click on Go.3: From the dropdown menu, select Go to Folder.4: Type in ~/Library/Containers and click Go.5: Locate and select the folder named com.microsoft.OneDrive.mac.6: Drag and drop the selected folder to the Trash icon in your Dock.
Note: The “~” symbol in Step 3.4 represents your user home directory.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully uninstalled OneDrive from your Mac!
You have now completed all the necessary steps to remove OneDrive from your Mac. By following this guide, you can ensure that no traces of OneDrive are left behind on your system.
If you ever decide to reinstall OneDrive in the future, simply download the application from the official Microsoft website and follow the installation instructions.
We hope this guide was helpful to you. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out to us.