Uninstalling League of Legends on your Mac is a straightforward process that can be done in a few simple steps. Whether you’re looking to free up some space on your hard drive or you’re ready to move on to a different game, this tutorial will guide you through the uninstallation process.
Step 1: Quit League of Legends
If you have League of Legends running, make sure to quit the game before proceeding with the uninstallation. To do this, simply click on the ‘League of Legends’ menu at the top-left corner of your screen and select ‘Quit League of Legends’ from the dropdown menu.
Step 2: Locate the Application
Next, we need to find the League of Legends application on your Mac. To do this, open a new Finder window by clicking on the ‘Finder’ icon in your dock. In the sidebar, click on ‘Applications’ to navigate to your Applications folder.
Note: If you have moved League of Legends to a different location, you will need to locate it accordingly.
Option 1: Drag and Drop
If you installed League of Legends from an installer package or downloaded it from the official website, you can simply drag and drop it into Trash.
- Locate ‘League of Legends.app’ in your Applications folder.
- Click and hold on ‘League of Legends.app’ with your mouse or trackpad.
- Drag it over to the Trash icon in your dock.
- Release the mouse button or trackpad to drop it into Trash.
Option 2: Right-click and Move to Trash
If dragging and dropping doesn’t work for any reason, you can use the right-click method to move League of Legends to Trash.
Step 3: Remove Game Files
Although dragging and dropping League of Legends into Trash removes the application itself, some game files may still remain on your Mac. To completely uninstall League of Legends, we need to remove these files as well.
Option 1: Empty Trash
If you haven’t emptied your Trash recently, you can simply empty it now to remove all files associated with League of Legends. Right-click on the Trash icon in your dock and select ‘Empty Trash’ from the menu that appears. Confirm the action when prompted.
Option 2: Manually Remove Game Files
If you prefer a more thorough clean-up or if you have already emptied your Trash, you can manually remove game files related to League of Legends. Follow these steps:
- In Finder, click on the ‘Go’ menu at the top of your screen.
- Hold down the ‘Option’ key to reveal the ‘Library’ option in the dropdown menu.
- Click on ‘Library’ to open it.
- Navigate to ‘Application Support/League of Legends/’ folder (or ‘~/Library/Application Support/League of Legends/’ if using macOS Catalina or later).
- Select all files and folders related to League of Legends and move them to Trash by either dragging and dropping or using the right-click method.
Step 4: Empty Trash (Again)
To ensure that all League of Legends files are permanently removed from your Mac, empty your Trash once again.
Congratulations! You have successfully uninstalled League of Legends from your Mac. You can now enjoy the extra space on your hard drive or explore new gaming adventures.
If you ever decide to reinstall League of Legends, simply download the game from the official website and follow their installation instructions.
Remember, uninstalling a game is a personal choice, but sometimes it’s necessary to make room for new experiences. We hope this tutorial has been helpful in guiding you through the process of uninstalling League of Legends on your Mac.