In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to unblock numbers on your iPhone. Whether you’ve accidentally blocked a contact or intentionally blocked someone and now want to give them access again, we’ve got you covered.
Follow the steps below to easily unblock numbers on your iPhone.
Step 1: Open Settings
To begin, unlock your iPhone and locate the Settings app. It is usually represented by a gear icon and can be found on your home screen or within a folder.
Step 2: Find Phone Settings
Once you have opened the Settings app, scroll down and tap on Phone. This will open the Phone settings menu where you can manage various phone-related settings.
Step 3: Access Blocked Contacts
Within the Phone settings menu, scroll down until you find Blocked Contacts. Tap on it to view the list of contacts that you have blocked on your iPhone.
Step 4: Unblock a Number
Now that you are in the Blocked Contacts section, you will see a list of all the numbers that are currently blocked. To unblock a specific number, simply swipe left on their contact entry and tap on Unblock.
- You can also tap Edit in the top-right corner of the Blocked Contacts section to manage multiple blocked numbers at once.
- If the contact has multiple phone numbers associated with it, make sure to unblock all relevant phone numbers individually.
- If you have previously deleted a contact after blocking them, unblocking their number will not automatically restore them as a contact in your address book.
Step 5: Confirm the Unblock
After tapping Unblock, a confirmation dialog will appear asking if you want to unblock the selected contact. Tap on Unblock Contact to confirm your decision.
Step 6: Verify the Unblocking
To ensure that the number has been successfully unblocked, go back to your iPhone’s home screen and open the Phone app. Locate the Contacts or Recent tab, and check if the previously blocked contact is now visible and able to call or message you.
- If you use any third-party call-blocking apps, make sure to check their settings as well in case you have blocked numbers through those apps.
- If you are unblocking a number that previously left voicemails while blocked, those voicemails will not be restored.
- If you have synced your contacts with iCloud or any other cloud service, unblocking a number will also unblock it across all devices connected to that account.
That’s it! You have successfully learned how to unblock numbers on your iPhone.
Remember, blocking and unblocking numbers can be useful for managing unwanted calls and messages. Use this feature responsibly and only block contacts when necessary.
If you encounter any issues or have further questions, feel free to consult Apple’s official support documentation or reach out to their customer support for assistance.