How to Turn on Airplay on Mac
Do you want to seamlessly stream content from your Mac to other devices? Airplay is a great solution for wirelessly streaming audio, video, and mirroring your Mac’s screen.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of turning on Airplay on your Mac. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Check System Requirements
Before proceeding, ensure that your Mac meets the necessary system requirements for Airplay. Your Mac should be running macOS Mountain Lion (10.8) or later versions.
Step 2: Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
In order for Airplay to work, you need to connect your Mac and the device you want to stream content to (e.g., Apple TV) to the same Wi-Fi network. Make sure both devices are connected and ready.
Step 3: Enable Airplay on Your Mac
To turn on Airplay on your Mac:
- Method 1:
- Click on the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- In the System Preferences window, click on “Displays”.
- Check the box next to “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available”.
- Airplay icon will appear in your menu bar.
- Method 2:
- If you don’t see “Displays” in System Preferences, go back to the main System Preferences window.
- Click on “Displays > Display”.
Step 4: Select Airplay Destination
Now that you have enabled Airplay, it’s time to select the device you want to stream content to:
- Method 1:
- Click on the Airplay icon in your menu bar.
- A list of available Airplay devices will appear.
- Select the device you want to stream content to.
- Method 2:
- If you can’t find the Airplay icon in your menu bar, click on the Apple menu and select “System Preferences”.
- In System Preferences, click on “Displays > Display”.
Step 5: Start Streaming!
Congratulations! You have successfully turned on Airplay on your Mac and selected a destination device.
Now, simply play the content you want to stream, and it will be mirrored or played on the selected device. Enjoy your wireless streaming experience!
Note: Remember that some apps or websites might not support Airplay due to copyright or other restrictions.
We hope this tutorial has helped you turn on Airplay on your Mac. Now you can enjoy the convenience of wireless streaming across devices. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to our support team.