Are you tired of accidentally activating the Real-Time Text (RTT) calling feature on your Android device? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to turn off RTT calling on your Android phone.
What is RTT Calling?
RTT calling is a feature that allows users to send text messages in real-time during a phone call. It can be useful for individuals with hearing or speech impairments, as it provides an alternative to traditional voice calls.
Why Turn Off RTT Calling?
While RTT calling can be beneficial for some users, it may not be everyone’s cup of tea. Accidentally activating this feature during a call can disrupt the conversation and lead to confusion. If you find yourself inadvertently enabling RTT calling, follow the steps below to turn it off.
Turning Off RTT Calling
To disable RTT calling on your Android device, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Phone App: Locate and tap on the Phone app icon on your home screen or app drawer. The Phone app typically features a green phone receiver icon.
- Access Phone Settings: Once the Phone app is open, look for the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
Tap on it to reveal a dropdown menu.
- Navigate to Call Settings: From the dropdown menu, select “Settings” or “Call Settings” (depending on your device). This will bring up additional options related to your phone calls.
- Disable RTT Calling: Within the Call Settings menu, locate and tap on “Accessibility” or “Advanced Settings”. From there, find the option for “RTT calling” or “Real-Time Text” and toggle it off.
Confirming RTT Calling is Disabled
To ensure that RTT calling has been successfully turned off, follow these steps:
- Make a Test Call: Dial a phone number or call a contact to test if RTT calling is disabled. During the call, check if the RTT icon (usually resembling a keyboard) is no longer visible on the call screen.
- Verify Settings: If you still see the RTT icon during a call, repeat the steps above and ensure that you have disabled RTT calling in your device’s settings.
You have successfully turned off RTT calling on your Android device! Now, you can make voice calls without worrying about accidentally enabling this feature. Remember, if you ever need to re-enable RTT calling in the future, simply follow these steps again and toggle it on.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful in guiding you through the process of disabling RTT calling on your Android phone. Enjoy uninterrupted voice calls!