Transferring photos from one Android device to another can be a hassle, especially when you don’t have a USB cable or a computer nearby. Fortunately, with the power of Wi-Fi, you can easily transfer your precious memories from one Android device to another in just a few simple steps. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of transferring photos from Android to Android via Wi-Fi.
Step 1: Install a File Transfer App
To begin the transfer process, you’ll need to install a file transfer app on both of your Android devices. There are several apps available on the Google Play Store that can help you accomplish this task, such as Shareit, Xender, or Send Anywhere. For this tutorial, we will be using Shareit.
Step 2: Connect Both Devices to Wi-Fi
Ensure that both your Android devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. This is necessary for them to communicate with each other and establish a connection for transferring files.
Step 3: Open Shareit on Both Devices
On the sending device:
- Open the Shareit app on your sending device.
- Tap on the “Send” button.
- Select “Photos” as the file type you want to transfer.
- Select the photos you wish to transfer by tapping on them. You can select multiple photos by tapping and holding on one photo and then selecting others.
- Tap on “Next“.
- Open the Shareit app on your receiving device.
- Tap on the “Receive” button.
- Wait for the sending device to detect your receiving device.
- Select and install a file transfer app like Shareit, Xender, or Send Anywhere.
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Shareit on both devices, select photos to transfer on the sending device, and tap on the receiving device to establish a connection.
- Wait for the transfer to complete, and verify the transferred photos in your gallery or file manager app.
On the receiving device:
Step 4: Establish a Connection
Once the sending device detects your receiving device, tap on its name to establish a connection between the two devices. You may be prompted to confirm the connection on both devices. Accept the connection request on both devices to proceed.
Step 5: Start Transferring Photos
After establishing a connection, Shareit will automatically start transferring the selected photos from the sending device to the receiving device. The progress of the transfer will be displayed on both devices. The time taken for transfer depends on the number and size of photos being transferred.
Step 6: Verify and Access Transferred Photos
Once the transfer is complete, you can verify that all your photos have been successfully transferred by checking them in your phone’s gallery app or any other file manager app you prefer. You should now see all the transferred photos in their respective albums or folders.
Congratulations! You have successfully transferred photos from one Android device to another using Wi-Fi. Remember to disconnect from Wi-Fi when you’re done transferring files to maintain your data usage and privacy.
Note: The steps mentioned in this tutorial are specific to Shareit, but similar procedures can be followed with other file transfer apps as well. Explore different apps and find one that suits your needs best!
With these simple steps, you can easily transfer photos from one Android device to another using Wi-Fi. Enjoy seamless sharing of your precious memories!