Are you switching from an Android device to an iPhone and wondering how to transfer your precious Google Photos? Well, you’re in luck!
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of transferring your Google Photos to your new iPhone. Let’s get started!
Using the Google Photos App
If you have already installed the Google Photos app on your iPhone, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Google Photos app on your iPhone.
- Sign in with the same Google account that you used on your Android device.
- Allow access to your photos and videos when prompted.
- Select the photos and videos that you want to transfer by tapping on them. You can choose individual items or select multiple items at once by long-pressing and dragging your finger across the screen.
- Tap on the three-dots menu icon located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Save to device” from the menu options.
- A confirmation message will appear once the download is complete. Your photos and videos are now saved to your iPhone’s Camera Roll!
Via Google Takeout
If you prefer not to use an app or if you don’t have access to an iPhone with the Google Photos app installed, you can use Google Takeout:
- Open a web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Navigate to https://takeout.com/settings/takeout.
- Sign in with the Google account that you used for Google Photos.
- Scroll down and find the “Google Photos” option.
- Click on the checkbox next to it to select it.
- If you want to transfer all your photos, leave the default settings as they are. However, if you only want specific albums or folders, click on “All photo albums included”, and then choose the albums or folders you want to transfer.
- Scroll down and click on the “Next step” button.
- Select your preferred delivery method.
You can either receive an email with a download link or directly save it to cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Click on “Create export”.
- You will see a message confirming that your export is in progress. Depending on the size of your library, this process may take some time.
- You will receive an email notification once your export is ready. Download the photos and videos from the provided link.
- To transfer these files to your iPhone, connect it to your computer using a USB cable and use iTunes or any other file transfer method you prefer.
If you have a large photo library, make sure you have enough storage space available on your iPhone before initiating the transfer process. You may need to free up some space by deleting unwanted files or apps.
Now that you know how to transfer your Google Photos to your iPhone, you can enjoy all your precious memories on your new device. Happy transferring!