Are you a Mac user looking to capture screenshots? Whether you want to save a funny meme, capture an important moment, or document an error message for tech support, taking screenshots on Mac is a handy skill to have. In this tutorial, we will show you different methods to take screenshots on your Mac using built-in tools and keyboard shortcuts.
Capturing the Entire Screen
If you want to capture everything that’s currently displayed on your screen, including menus and open windows, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Locate the Command, Shift, and 3 keys on your keyboard.
- Step 2: Press and hold the Command and Shift keys simultaneously.
- Step 3: While holding down the Command and Shift keys, press the 3 key.
- Note: You will hear a camera shutter sound if your sound is turned on. The screenshot will be saved as a PNG file on your desktop by default with the filename “Screen Shot [date] at [time].png”.
Capturing a Portion of the Screen
If you only need to capture a specific portion of your screen instead of the entire display area, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Locate the Command, Shift, and