The iPhone 12 comes with a powerful camera that allows you to capture stunning photos and videos. But did you know that you can also take screenshots on your iPhone 12?
Whether you want to save a funny conversation, capture an important document, or share a beautiful moment from a video, taking a screenshot is quick and easy. In this article, we will guide you through the simple steps to take a screenshot on your iPhone 12.
Method 1: Using Buttons
To take a screenshot on your iPhone 12 using buttons, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Locate the buttons: The side button (previously known as the power button) is on the right side of your iPhone 12, while the volume up button is just above it.
- Step 2: Open what you want to capture: Navigate to the screen or app that you want to capture in the screenshot. Make sure everything is set up exactly as you want it to appear in the screenshot.
- Step 3: Simultaneously press the side button and volume up button: Press and quickly release both buttons at the same time.
You will hear a camera shutter sound (if your device isn’t muted) and see an animation indicating that a screenshot has been taken.
- Step 4: View and edit the screenshot: The screenshot will appear as a thumbnail in the bottom left corner of your screen. Tap on it to view or edit it immediately. You can crop, annotate, or share it right away by tapping on the available options at the top of the screen.
Method 2: Using Assistive Touch
If you find it difficult to press the buttons simultaneously, or if your buttons are not working, you can use Assistive Touch to take a screenshot. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Enable Assistive Touch: Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch.
- Step 2: Configure Assistive Touch: Tap on AssistiveTouch, and then on the custom icon (usually a white circle) that appears on your screen.
- Step 3: Set up a custom action: Tap on Single-Tap, and select Screenshot. This will add the screenshot option to your Assistive Touch menu.
- Step 4: Take a screenshot using Assistive Touch: Open what you want to capture, tap on the Assistive Touch icon, and then tap on the Screenshot option.
Your iPhone 12 will capture the screen instantly.
- Note: If you have iOS 14 or later, you can also set up Back Tap gestures to take screenshots. Go to Settings, tap on Accessibility, and then on Tap. Choose either Double Tap or Triple Tap and set it to Screenshot.
Taking screenshots on your iPhone 12 is a handy feature that allows you to save and share important information with ease. Whether you prefer using buttons or Assistive Touch, both methods are simple and efficient. Now that you know how to take screenshots, start capturing and sharing your favorite moments with friends and family!