How to Stop Screen Recording on Mac
Screen recording on Mac is a handy feature that allows you to capture and share your screen activities. Whether you are creating video tutorials, recording gameplay, or capturing important moments, screen recording can be a valuable tool.
However, it’s equally important to know how to stop the screen recording when you’re done. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the steps to stop screen recording on your Mac.
Using the Control Center
Starting from macOS Mojave, Apple introduced the Control Center, which provides quick access to various settings and features. To stop a screen recording using the Control Center:
- Navigate to the top-right corner of your screen.
- Click on the Control Center icon (looks like three concentric circles).
- In the Control Center window that appears,
you’ll find a red circle icon with a white square inside it. This represents the active screen recording session. To stop the recording:
- Click once on the red circle icon.
- A confirmation dialog will appear asking if you want to stop the recording.
- Click “Stop” to end the screen recording.
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
If you prefer using keyboard shortcuts, macOS offers a convenient way to stop screen recording:
- Press Command + Control + Esc simultaneously.
Using the Menu Bar
If you prefer using the menu bar, follow these steps:
- Click on the screen recording icon located in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- A dropdown menu will appear.
- Click “Stop Recording” to end the screen recording.
Once you stop a screen recording, macOS will automatically save it as a video file. By default, it will be saved on your desktop with a filename like “Screen Recording [date] at [time].mov”. You can then access and share this file as desired.
Congratulations! You now know how to stop screen recording on your Mac using different methods.
Whether you choose to use the Control Center, keyboard shortcuts, or the menu bar, ending your screen recordings will be a breeze. Happy recording!