Are you tired of constantly switching between different windows on your Mac? Split screen mode can be a lifesaver when you need to multitask and view multiple applications side by side. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to split screen on your Mac, making it easier for you to work efficiently.
Enabling Split Screen Mode
To begin, make sure that the applications you want to use in split screen mode are already open. Once they are open, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Click and hold the green full-screen button located at the top left of any window.
- Step 2: While holding down the button, drag the window to either the left or right side of your screen until it snaps into place.
- Step 3: Release the mouse or trackpad button to activate split screen mode.
Congratulations! You have successfully enabled split screen mode on your Mac. Now let’s explore some additional features and shortcuts that can enhance your multitasking experience even further.
Adjusting Window Sizes
If you want to adjust the size of each window in split screen mode, simply move the divider between them. Hover your cursor over the divider until it turns into a double-sided arrow, then click and drag to resize as desired.
In split screen mode, it’s easy to switch between applications without exiting this view. To do so:
- Method 1:
- Step 1: Place your cursor at the top of the screen to reveal the menu bar.
- Step 2: Click on the application name you want to switch to.
- Step 1: Use the keyboard shortcut Control + → (right arrow) or Control + ← (left arrow) to navigate between applications.
Closing Split Screen Mode
To exit split screen mode and return to normal view, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Move your cursor to the top of the screen until the menu bar appears.
- Step 2: Click on the green full-screen button in either window.
You can also use the keyboard shortcut F5, which will toggle between split screen mode and normal view.
The split screen feature on Mac can greatly improve your productivity by allowing you to work seamlessly with multiple applications side by side. Whether you’re comparing documents, referencing information, or simply keeping an eye on different tasks, splitting your screen is a valuable tool. Remember these simple steps and shortcuts, and enjoy multitasking like a pro!