Are you tired of being woken up in the middle of the night by constant notifications on your iPhone? Well, fret no more!
In this article, we will guide you through the process of silencing notifications on your iPhone at night. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Step 1: Open Settings
To begin with, unlock your iPhone and locate the Settings app. It is represented by a gray icon with gears.
Step 2: Select “Do Not Disturb”
Once you have opened the Settings app, scroll down until you find the “Do Not Disturb” option. It should be listed amongst other options like “Wi-Fi” and “Bluetooth”. Tap on it to proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Enable “Scheduled”
In the “Do Not Disturb” settings menu, you will see an option called “Scheduled”. This allows you to set specific times during which notifications will be silenced automatically. Tap on this option to enable it.
Step 4: Set Your Preferred Time
Once you have enabled the “Scheduled” option, you can now set your preferred time for silent notifications. By default, it is set from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM. However, if these timings do not suit your needs, tap on the start and end time fields to adjust them accordingly.
- Use a longer time frame: If you want to ensure uninterrupted sleep or focus time in the morning, consider extending both ends of the schedule.
- Add an exception:If there are certain contacts or apps whose notifications you don’t want to miss even during the scheduled silent period, you can add them as exceptions. Simply tap on “Allow Calls From” or “Allow Notifications From” and choose the desired options.
- Turn off repeated calls:If someone tries to reach you repeatedly within three minutes, iOS treats it as an urgent call. You can toggle the “Repeated Calls” option off if you want to avoid such interruptions.
Step 5: Customize Additional Settings
Below the schedule settings, you’ll find a range of additional options that allow you to further customize your Do Not Disturb preferences. These include:
- Silence: Choose whether you want your iPhone to be completely silent or if you still want it to vibrate when receiving calls and notifications.
- Bedtime Mode: Enable this option if you want your iPhone screen to dim and notifications to be hidden from the lock screen during the scheduled time.
- Scheduled Summary: This feature offers a summary of missed notifications in the morning after Do Not Disturb ends. Toggle it on if you wish to receive this summary.
- Allow Calls From Favorites:If there are certain important contacts whose calls you never want to miss, consider enabling the “Allow Calls From Favorites” option under “Do Not Disturb”.
- Mute Group Messages:If group messages tend to be noisy during silent hours, enable the “Mute Group Messages” option under “Do Not Disturb”. This will ensure that only individual messages generate alerts.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up your iPhone to silence notifications at night.
Now you can enjoy uninterrupted sleep without any disturbances. We hope this tutorial has been helpful to you. Sleep tight!