Setting up cellular on a new iPhone is an essential step to ensure that you can make calls, send messages, and access the internet while on the go. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the process of setting up cellular on your new iPhone. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Insert SIM Card
Before setting up cellular on your new iPhone, make sure you have inserted a valid SIM card provided by your mobile carrier. The SIM card slot is usually located on the side of your iPhone. Use the SIM eject tool or a paperclip to open the slot and carefully insert the SIM card.
Step 2: Turn On Cellular Data
Once you have inserted the SIM card, it’s time to turn on cellular data. To do this:
- Step 2.1: Unlock your iPhone by pressing the power button or using Face ID/Touch ID.
- Step 2.2: Go to Settings.3: Scroll down and tap on Cellular.4: Toggle the switch next to Cellular Data to turn it on.
Step 3: Set Up Cellular Network
In order to connect to your mobile carrier’s network, you may need to manually set it up:
Voice and Data Settings
- Step 3.1: Go back to the Cellular settings.
- Step 3.2: Under Cellular Data Options, tap on Roaming.3: Select your preferred voice and data settings. It’s recommended to choose Voice & Data for the best experience.
- Step 3.4: Tap on Carrier Services.5: If your carrier supports it, you may see an option to update your carrier settings. Tap on it to proceed.6: Wait for the carrier settings update to complete.
Step 4: Enable Wi-Fi Calling (Optional)
If your carrier supports Wi-Fi calling, you can enable this feature to make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network when cellular signal strength is low:
- Step 4.1: Go back to the main Settings.
- Step 4.2: Tap on Phone.3: Select Wi-Fi Calling.4: Toggle the switch next to Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices, if available, to enable this feature on other devices connected to the same iCloud account.
Congratulations! Cellular is Set Up!
You have successfully set up cellular on your new iPhone.
Now you can enjoy the convenience of making calls, sending messages, and accessing the internet wherever you go! If you encounter any issues, contact your mobile carrier for assistance.
Remember to keep an eye on your data usage to avoid exceeding your plan’s limits. You can monitor and manage your cellular data usage by going to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Usage.
That’s it! We hope this tutorial has helped you get started with cellular on your new iPhone. Feel free to explore other settings and features to personalize your iPhone according to your needs.