Are you tired of the default ringtone on your iPhone? Do you want to personalize your device by setting your favorite song as a ringtone?
Well, you’re in luck! In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the process of setting a song as a ringtone on your iPhone. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Choose a Song
First and foremost, you need to select the song that you wish to set as your ringtone. It could be any song from your music library or even a downloaded track. Keep in mind that the maximum duration for an iPhone ringtone is 30 seconds.
Step 2: Trim the Song
In order to create a suitable ringtone length, you’ll need to trim the chosen song. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the ‘Music’ app on your iPhone.
- Select the song that you want to use as a ringtone.
- Tap on ‘Edit’ located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Drag and resize the sliders to adjust the portion of the song that will become your ringtone. Remember, it should not exceed 30 seconds.
- Select ‘Save’ once you are satisfied with your selection.
Step 3: Convert Song to Ringtone Format
The next step involves converting the trimmed song into a compatible ringtone format. Follow these instructions:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on your computer if it doesn’t open automatically.
- Select your iPhone from the list of devices in iTunes.
- Click on ‘File’ located at the top-left corner of the iTunes window.
- Select ‘Add File to Library’ or ‘Add Folder to Library’ if you have multiple files.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the trimmed song and select it. The song will be added to your iTunes library.
- Right-click on the song in your iTunes library and choose ‘Get Info’ from the context menu.
- Navigate to the ‘Options’ tab and set the start and stop times based on your trimmed selection. Click ‘OK’ when done.
- Right-click on the song again and select ‘Create AAC Version’.
This will create a duplicate with the shortened duration.
- Drag and drop this duplicate file onto your desktop or any other convenient location for easy access later.
- Rename the file extension from .m4a to .m4r. Confirm any prompts that may appear regarding file format changes. This step is crucial for creating a ringtone file.
Step 4: Add Ringtone to iPhone
We are now ready to add our newly created ringtone to your iPhone:
- Select your iPhone from the list of devices in iTunes again, if it’s not already selected.
- Click on the ‘Tones’ tab located under your iPhone’s settings in iTunes.
- Drag and drop the renamed .m4r ringtone file from your desktop (or the location where you saved it) into the ‘Tones’ window in iTunes.
- Sync your iPhone to transfer the ringtone. You can do this by clicking on ‘Apply’ or ‘Sync’ at the bottom-right corner of the iTunes window.
Step 5: Set as Ringtone
Congratulations! Your custom song is now added as a ringtone on your iPhone. To set it as your default ringtone, follow these steps:
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone.
- Select ‘Sounds & Haptics’.
- Tap on ‘Ringtone’.
- You will find your custom ringtone at the top of the list under ‘Ringtones’. Simply select it to set it as your default ringtone.
There you have it! You have successfully set a song as a ringtone on your iPhone.
Now, every time someone calls you, you’ll hear your favorite tune playing. Enjoy!
Note: Please make sure that you have the necessary rights to use any copyrighted material as a ringtone.