Sending scheduled texts on Android can be a useful feature, especially if you want to send reminders or important messages at a specific time. Fortunately, there are several ways to achieve this on Android devices. In this tutorial, we will explore different methods that allow you to send scheduled texts effortlessly.
Method 1: Using the Google Messages App
If you use the Google Messages app as your default messaging app, scheduling texts is built-in and simple.
- Step 1: Open the Google Messages app on your Android device.
- Step 2: Tap on the compose button (usually a pencil icon).
- Step 3: Enter the recipient’s phone number or select a contact from your list.
- Step 4: Type your message in the text box.
- Step 5: Long-press the send button (usually an arrow icon) until additional options appear.
The additional options will include a calendar icon or a “Schedule send” option. Tap on it to choose a date and time for sending your text message.
In some cases, you may need to update your Google Messages app to access this feature. Make sure you have the latest version installed from the Google Play Store.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Apps
If the native messaging app on your Android device does not support scheduling texts, don’t worry! There are several third-party apps available that offer this functionality.
One popular option is “Pulse SMS. “
- Step 1: Install and open the Pulse SMS app from the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Set up the app by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 3: Once set up, open the Pulse SMS app and tap on the compose button.
- Step 4: Enter the recipient’s phone number or select a contact from your list.
- Step 5: Type your message in the text box.
- Step 6: Tap on the clock icon to schedule your message.
Select your desired date and time, and then tap “Save” or “Schedule” to send your text at that scheduled time.
Scheduling texts on Android devices can be accomplished either through native messaging apps like Google Messages, or through third-party apps like Pulse SMS. Whether you prefer using built-in features or exploring additional options, these methods provide convenient ways to send scheduled texts. So, next time you need to send a message at a specific time, give one of these methods a try!