Are you a Mac user struggling to select multiple items on your computer? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
In this tutorial, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of selecting multiple items on a Mac. So, let’s get started!
Selecting Multiple Items Using Click and Drag
If you want to select multiple consecutive items in a list or folder, the easiest way is to use the click and drag method. Here’s how:
- Click on the first item in the list or folder.
- Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
- Scroll down or navigate to the end of the list or folder.
- Click on the last item while still holding down the Shift key.
- You have now successfully selected multiple items using click and drag!
Selecting Multiple Items Using Command Key
If you want to select non-consecutive items in a list or folder, you can use the Command key along with your mouse or trackpad. Here’s how:
- Click on each item while holding down the Command key.
- You can release the Command key once you have selected all the desired items.
- Congratulations! You have successfully selected multiple non-consecutive items using the Command key!
Selecting All Items in a List or Folder
If you want to select all items in a list or folder at once, you can use a simple keyboard shortcut. Here’s how:
- Click on any item in the list or folder.
- Press the Command key along with the letter A.
- All items in the list or folder should now be selected.
Deselecting Selected Items
If you have accidentally selected some items and want to deselect them, you can do so by clicking anywhere outside the selected area. Alternatively, you can use the following keyboard shortcut:
- Click on any empty space to deselect all items.
- You can also press the Command key along with the letter A, which will select all items, and then press it again to deselect all items.
- Your selected items are now deselected!
Selecting multiple items on a Mac is a breeze once you know the right techniques. Whether it’s using click and drag, the Command key, or keyboard shortcuts, you now have multiple ways to select and manage your files efficiently. So go ahead and try out these methods to make your workflow smoother and more productive!