Have you ever found yourself wondering what iPhone model you have? Whether you’re looking to sell your device, buy a new one, or simply satisfy your curiosity, it’s essential to know the exact iPhone model you own. In this article, we will guide you through the process of finding out what iPhone you have.
Method 1: Check the Model Number on Your iPhone
If you have your iPhone in hand and want to find out its model number, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Unlock your iPhone and go to the home screen.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Settings” app icon.
- Step 3: In the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on “General”.
- Step 4: Within the General settings, tap on “About”.
- Step 5: On the About page, locate the “Model” or “Model Number” entry.
The model number is a five-character code that begins with the letter “A”. For example, if your model number is “A1984”, it corresponds to an iPhone XR. You can search online for a list of iPhone models and their corresponding model numbers to identify your specific device.
Method 2: Check via iTunes on Your Computer
If you don’t have your iPhone with you but have access to a computer with iTunes installed, you can find out your iPhone model using this method:
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Step 2: Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Step 3: Select your iPhone within iTunes by clicking on the device icon.
- Step 4: In the Summary tab, you will see a “Phone Number” field. Click on it until it changes to “Serial Number”.
- Step 5: Hover your mouse over the Serial Number, and it will display the Model Identifier.
The Model Identifier is a unique alphanumeric code that provides information about your device’s model. For instance, “iPhone11,8” corresponds to an iPhone XR. You can search online for a list of iPhone models and their corresponding Model Identifiers to identify your specific device.
Method 3: Check on the Back of Your iPhone
If you are unable to access your iPhone or computer, you can try checking the back of your device for its model information. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Flip over your iPhone to its backside.
- Step 2: Look for small text printed at the bottom.
- Step 3: You should find the model number engraved there.
The model number is typically located above other regulatory symbols and starts with the letter “A”. By searching online for a list of iPhone models and their corresponding model numbers, you can determine which iPhone version you have based on this engraving.
In this article, we’ve covered three methods that can help you identify what type of iPhone you own. Whether you prefer using the Settings app, iTunes, or checking the back of your device, knowing your iPhone model is crucial for various reasons.
By using the provided methods – checking the model number on your iPhone, using iTunes on your computer, or inspecting the back of your device – you can easily find out what iPhone you have. Armed with this information, you can now confidently navigate the world of iPhones with ease.