Have you ever connected your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network and then forgotten the password? It can be frustrating when you want to connect another device or share the network details with someone else.
Luckily, there’s a way to view the saved Wi-Fi passwords on your iPhone without any third-party apps. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to see the Wi-Fi password on your iPhone using a few simple steps.
If you want to view the saved Wi-Fi passwords on your iPhone, you can do so by following these steps:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Scroll down and tap on Wi-Fi.
- Step 3: Make sure that your Wi-Fi is turned on and connected to a network.
- Step 4: Tap on the information (i) icon next to the connected network.
- Note:If you are not currently connected to any Wi-Fi network, these steps will not work.
- Step 5: Under the Wi-Fi network details, tap on Manage Network Settings.
- Note:If you don’t see this option, it means that you are not connected to any saved networks. In that case, connect to a network first and then follow these steps again.
- Step 6: Scroll down until you find the section labeled “DNS“.
- Step 7: Look for the field labeled “Router“. The Wi-Fi password will be shown next to it.
Using Keychain Access on Mac
If you have a Mac and your iPhone is connected to the same iCloud account, you can also use the Keychain Access app to view the saved Wi-Fi passwords. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Open the Spotlight Search by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the top-right corner of your screen or pressing Command + Space.
- Step 2: Type in “Keychain Access” and press Enter.
- Step 3: In the Keychain Access app, click on “Passwords” in the left-hand sidebar.
- Note:If you don’t see this option, click on “All Items” instead.
- Step 4: In the search bar at the top-right corner, type in the name of the Wi-Fi network you want to find the password for.
- Note:If you don’t remember the exact name, you can try searching for keywords related to it.
- Step 5: Double-click on the entry that matches your search.
- Note:If there are multiple entries with similar names, look for one with the type “AirPort Network Password“.
- Step 6: Check the box next to “Show password“. You may be prompted to enter your Mac’s administrator password.
- Step 7: The Wi-Fi password will now be visible in the text field next to “Show password“.
Being able to see the Wi-Fi passwords on your iPhone can come in handy in various situations. Whether you need to connect another device or share the network details with someone, these methods will help you retrieve the passwords easily. Just remember to use them responsibly and respect other people’s privacy.
We hope this tutorial was helpful! If you have any further questions, feel free to leave a comment below.