Have you ever forgotten your Wi-Fi password and needed to connect a new device to your network? It can be frustrating not knowing how to retrieve the password, especially if you’re using an iPhone. But fear not, because in this article, we’ll show you how to see your Wi-Fi password on your iPhone.
Method 1: Using the Keychain Access
If you have previously connected your iPhone to the Wi-Fi network in question and have iCloud Keychain enabled, you can easily find the password using the Keychain Access feature.
- Step 1: Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Scroll down and tap on “Passwords & Accounts”.
- Step 3: Tap on “Website & App Passwords”. You may need to authenticate using Touch ID or Face ID.
- Step 4: Use the search bar at the top or scroll through the list to find the Wi-Fi network name.
Tap on it.
- Step 5: A new screen will appear showing details about your network. Tap on the arrow icon next to “Password” and it will reveal your Wi-Fi password.Note: If you haven’t enabled iCloud Keychain, this method won’t work for you.
Method 2: Router Settings (Admin Credentials Required)
If Method 1 didn’t work for you or if you don’t have iCloud Keychain enabled, another option is to access your router settings. Please note that this method requires admin credentials for your router.
Enter them correctly.Note: If you don’t know your router’s admin credentials, refer to your router’s manual or contact your internet service provider for assistance.
In this article, we have explored two methods to see your Wi-Fi password on your iPhone. Method 1, using the Keychain Access, is the easiest if you have iCloud Keychain enabled. Method 2, accessing your router settings, requires admin credentials for your router.
Remember to keep your Wi-Fi password secure and avoid sharing it with unauthorized individuals. If you encounter any difficulties or have further questions, don’t hesitate to consult your internet service provider or refer to your router’s manual for support.