In this tutorial, we will explore how to see deleted texts on iPhone. Losing important messages can be frustrating, especially when you need to retrieve information or have evidence of a conversation. Thankfully, there are a few methods you can try to recover and view deleted texts on your iPhone.
Method 1: Using iCloud Backup
If you regularly back up your iPhone using iCloud, there’s a good chance that your deleted texts are still retrievable. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Step 3: Select “iCloud” from the list of options.
- Step 4: Scroll down and find “iCloud Backup”. Tap on it.
- Step 5: Ensure that the “iCloud Backup” toggle switch is enabled.
- Step 6: Tap on “Back Up Now” to create a new backup of your iPhone (if it hasn’t been backed up recently).
If you have an existing iCloud backup that includes the deleted texts, follow these steps instead:
- Step 7: Go back to the main settings menu and select “General”.
- Step 8: Scroll down and tap on “Reset”.
- Step 9: Choose “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Note: This will erase all data on your iPhone and restore it to factory settings. Make sure to have a recent backup.
- Step 10: After the reset, set up your iPhone and select “Restore from iCloud Backup” during the setup process.
- Step 11: Sign in to your iCloud account and choose the most recent backup that includes the deleted texts.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Software
If you don’t have an iCloud backup or if the deleted texts are not included in your latest backup, you can turn to third-party software for assistance. These programs specialize in recovering lost data from iPhones.
One popular option is iMobie PhoneRescue. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Download and install iMobie PhoneRescue on your computer.
- Step 2: Launch the program and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Step 3: Select “Recover from iOS Device” and click “Next”.
- Step 4: Choose “Messages & Attachments” as the type of data you want to recover.
- Step 5: Click “Scan” to start scanning your iPhone for deleted texts.
- Note: The scanning process may take some time depending on the amount of data on your device.
- Step 6: Once the scan is complete, you will be able to preview and select the deleted texts you want to recover.
- Step 7: Click “Recover” to save the selected texts to your computer.
Accidentally deleting texts on your iPhone can be a stressful experience, but with the right methods, you can potentially recover and view those deleted messages. Remember to regularly back up your iPhone using iCloud and consider using third-party software like iMobie PhoneRescue as a backup option. By following these steps, you’ll have a better chance of retrieving those important texts!