Searching for keywords on Mac can be a useful skill for any content creator or marketer. Keywords help you optimize your website or content for search engines, making it easier for your Target audience to find you. In this article, we will explore different methods to search for keywords on Mac using various tools and applications.
Method 1: Using Google Keyword Planner
If you are looking for a free and reliable tool to search for keywords, Google Keyword Planner is a great option. Here’s how to use it:
- Step 1: Sign in to your Google Ads account or create one if you don’t have it already.
- Step 2: Once logged in, click on the “Tools & Settings” menu and select “Keyword Planner.”
- Step 3: Choose the “Discover new keywords” option.
- Step 4: Enter relevant terms or phrases related to your content in the search bar.
- Step 5: Filter the results by location, language, and other criteria if needed.
The Google Keyword Planner will provide you with keyword ideas along with useful metrics such as average monthly searches and competition level. This information can help you choose the most relevant and effective keywords for your content.
Method 2: Using SEMrush
If you are willing to invest in a comprehensive keyword research tool, SEMrush is an excellent choice. Follow these steps to search for keywords using SEMrush:
- Step 1: Visit the SEMrush website and sign up for an account if you don’t have one.
- Step 2: Once logged in, enter your Target keyword in the search bar and hit enter.
- Step 3: Explore the “Keyword Overview” section to get an overview of your keyword’s search volume, trend, and competition level.
- Step 4: Scroll down to the “Related Keywords” section to discover other relevant keywords you can Target.
- Step 5: Use filters and sorting options to refine your keyword research further.
SEMrush offers a wide range of features beyond keyword research, making it a valuable tool for competitive analysis and SEO optimization.
Method 3: Using Mac’s Built-in Applications
If you prefer using built-in applications on your Mac, there are a couple of options available:
Safari’s Smart Search
Safari, the default web browser on Mac, offers a simple way to search for keywords. Here’s how to use it:
- Step 1: Open Safari and navigate to the address/search bar at the top of the window.
- Step 2: Type in your keyword or phrase and press enter.
- Note: Safari will display relevant search results from your default search engine along with suggestions based on your input.
Finder’s Spotlight Search
The Finder application on Mac includes a powerful search feature called Spotlight. Here’s how you can use it to find keywords within files on your Mac:
- Step 1: Open a Finder window by clicking on the Finder icon in the Dock.
- Step 2: Click on the search bar at the top-right corner of the window.
- Step 3: Enter your keyword or phrase in the search bar.
- Note: Spotlight will search for files, documents, and other content containing your keyword or phrase.
Using these built-in applications can be convenient if you prefer not to rely on third-party tools or websites for keyword research.
Searching for keywords on Mac is essential for optimizing your content and improving its visibility. Whether you choose to use free tools like Google Keyword Planner, invest in premium options like SEMrush, or utilize Mac’s built-in applications, conducting thorough keyword research will help you reach your Target audience more effectively.
Experiment with different methods mentioned in this article and find the one that suits your workflow best. Happy keyword hunting!