A screenshot is a great way to capture and share information on your Mac. Whether you want to save a specific section of your screen or highlight something important, learning how to take a screenshot of a section on Mac can be incredibly useful. In this tutorial, we’ll explore different methods to accomplish this task.
Using the Built-in Screenshot Tool
MacOS comes with a built-in screenshot tool that allows you to capture specific sections of your screen easily.
- Press Command + Shift + 5: This keyboard shortcut opens the screenshot tool.
- Select “Capture Selected Portion”: In the toolbar that appears at the bottom of the screen, choose the option to capture a selected portion of the screen (it looks like a dotted rectangle).
- Click and drag: Click and drag your mouse cursor to select the section of your screen you want to screenshot. You can adjust the selection by clicking and dragging on its edges.
- Capture: Once you’ve chosen the desired section, release your mouse button to capture the screenshot.
This method saves the captured screenshot as a file on your desktop. It’s quick and convenient when you need to document specific details or share visual information with others.
The Grab App
If you prefer using an app specifically designed for taking screenshots, Mac also has an application called “Grab” that offers additional features.
- Open Grab: Launch Grab from your Applications folder or by searching for it in Spotlight (Command + Space).
- Select “Capture” from Grab’s menu bar: Click on “Capture” in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Choose “Selection”: In the dropdown menu, select “Selection” to capture a specific area of your screen.
- Click and drag: Click and drag your mouse cursor to choose the section you want to screenshot. You can resize the selection by clicking and dragging on its edges.
- Save or Copy: After capturing the screenshot, you can save it as a file or copy it to your clipboard for immediate use.
The Grab app is especially handy if you need more control over your screenshots or if you prefer a dedicated tool for this purpose.
Taking screenshots of specific sections on your Mac is essential when you want to capture and share precise information. By utilizing either the built-in screenshot tool or third-party applications like Grab, you can easily capture exactly what you need with just a few clicks. Experiment with these methods and choose one that best suits your preferences and workflow.
Remember, capturing screenshots efficiently not only helps convey information effectively but also saves time when explaining complex concepts or troubleshooting technical issues.