Screen snipping on Mac is a useful feature that allows you to capture a specific portion of your screen. Whether you want to save an image, highlight important information, or share something with others, the screen snip tool can come in handy. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of screen snipping on Mac.
Step 1: Accessing the Screen Snip Tool
To access the screen snip tool on Mac, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1.1: Press and hold the Command (⌘) key and then press Shift (⇧) and 5 simultaneously.
- Step 1.2: Alternatively, you can also click on “Finder”, then go to “Applications”, followed by “Utilities”. From there, select “Screenshot”.
Step 2: Choosing the Snip Type
Note: This step is only applicable if you accessed the screen snip tool using Command + Shift + 5.
The screen snip tool offers three different types of snips:
- Screenshot of Entire Screen: Click on the first option in the control bar to capture an image of your entire screen.
- Screenshot of Selected Window: Select this option if you want to capture a specific window or application.
- Screenshot of Selected Portion: Choose this option if you wish to capture a specific portion or area on your screen.
Step 3: Snipping the Screen
After selecting the snip type, follow these steps to capture the desired portion of your screen:
- Step 3.1: For a screenshot of selected window, click on the window or application you want to capture.
- Step 3.2: For a screenshot of selected portion, click and drag your cursor to select the desired area.
Step 4: Saving and Editing the Snip
Once you have captured the snip, you can perform various actions:
- Saving the Snip: By default, the snip will be saved as a PNG file on your desktop. You can choose a different location by clicking on “Options” in the control bar.
- Edit and Annotate: After capturing the snip, a thumbnail will appear in the bottom-right corner of your screen. Click on it to access editing and annotation tools like adding text, shapes, highlights, or cropping.
- Sharing and Deleting: Hover over the thumbnail and click on “Share” to instantly share your snip or click on “Delete” to discard it.
In conclusion, screen snipping on Mac is a powerful tool that allows you to capture specific portions of your screen effortlessly. By following these simple steps, you can quickly and efficiently capture images for various purposes. So next time you need to highlight something important or share information with others, make use of the screen snip tool on Mac!
Remember, practice makes perfect. So don’t hesitate to try out different snipping options and explore the editing tools to enhance your snips.