In this tutorial, we will learn how to screen share your iPhone to a Mac computer. Screen sharing is a useful feature that allows you to mirror your iPhone’s screen on your Mac, making it easier to show presentations, demos, or even troubleshoot issues with the help of someone else.
Before we get started, make sure you have the following:
- An iPhone running iOS 11 or later
- A Mac computer running macOS Mojave or later
- A lightning cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac
Step 1: Enable Screen Recording on Your iPhone
To begin, we need to enable screen recording on your iPhone. Follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Control Center.
- Select Customize Controls.
- Under “More Controls”, find Screen Recording.
- Tap the green plus icon (+) next to Screen Recording to add it to your Control Center.
Step 2: Connect Your iPhone to Your Mac
To mirror your iPhone’s screen on your Mac, connect your iPhone using a lightning cable. Follow these steps:
- Plug one end of the lightning cable into your iPhone’s charging port.
- The other end of the cable should be plugged into an available USB port on your Mac.
Step 3: Start the Screen Sharing Session
Now that your iPhone is connected to your Mac, we can begin the screen sharing session. Follow these steps:
- On your Mac, open the QuickTime Player app.
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen, click on File.
- Select New Movie Recording.
- A new window will appear with a video preview.
- Click on the small arrow next to the record button, and from the dropdown menu, select your iPhone as the camera and microphone source.
- Click on the record button to start recording your iPhone’s screen.
Congratulations! You have successfully started a screen sharing session from your iPhone to your Mac. Now you can use your iPhone as you normally would, and everything you do on your phone will be mirrored in real-time on your Mac.
Here are a few tips to enhance your screen sharing experience:
- If you want to capture audio along with the video, make sure to unmute your iPhone’s microphone during the screen sharing session.
- To stop recording, simply click on the stop button in QuickTime Player or press Command + Control + Esc on your keyboard.
- If you encounter any issues during screen sharing, make sure both devices are updated to their latest software versions and try restarting them if necessary.
That’s it! You now know how to screen share your iPhone to a Mac. Enjoy using this feature for presentations, demonstrations, or whenever you need to show your iPhone’s screen on a larger display.