In this tutorial, we will learn how to screen record with sound on Android. Screen recording can be a useful feature for creating tutorials, capturing gameplay, or documenting issues for troubleshooting.
With the right tools and settings, you can easily record your Android device’s screen along with audio. Let’s get started!
Method 1: Using the Built-in Screen Recorder
If you have a newer Android device running Android 11 or later, you may have the built-in screen recording feature.
- Step 1: Swipe down from the top of your screen to open the notification panel.
- Step 2: Look for the “Screen Record” option and tap on it to start recording.
- Step 3: If you want to include sound in your recording, long-press on the “Screen Record” icon.
- Step 4: In the pop-up menu, select “Media sounds” or “Media sounds and microphone” depending on your preference.
- Step 5: Tap on “Start” or “Record” to begin your screen recording with sound.
Note: The options available may vary slightly depending on your device’s manufacturer and software version.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Apps
If your device doesn’t have a built-in screen recorder or if you prefer more advanced features, you can use third-party apps from the Google Play Store. Here are two popular options:
a) AZ Screen Recorder – Video Recorder, Livestream
- Step 1: Install the AZ Screen Recorder app from the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Open the app and tap on the “Record” button.
- Step 3: Grant the necessary permissions if prompted.
- Step 4: Tap on the gear icon to access settings, including audio options.
- Step 5: Enable “Record audio” to capture sound during the screen recording.
- Step 6: Return to the app’s main screen and tap on “Start” to begin recording your screen with sound.
b) Screen Recorder – No Ads
- Step 1: Download and install the Screen Recorder – No Ads app from the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Launch the app and tap on the camera icon to start recording.
- Step 3: Allow necessary permissions for audio recording when prompted.
- Step 4: Tap on the gear icon to access settings, including audio preferences.
- Step 5: Enable “Record Audio” or similar options based on your desired configuration.
- Step 6: Return to the main screen and tap on “Start” to initiate your screen recording with sound.
You now have two methods to screen record with sound on Android. Whether you use your device’s built-in screen recorder or opt for a third-party app, capturing high-quality recordings with audio is just a few taps away. Happy recording!