Welcome to this tutorial on how to screen record on Mac with sound. Screen recording is a useful feature that allows you to capture and save actions on your screen. Whether you want to create a tutorial, record a gameplay session, or save an important video call, the ability to screen record with sound can be incredibly valuable.
Step 1: Open QuickTime Player
To begin, open the QuickTime Player application on your Mac. You can do this by clicking on the Finder icon in your dock, selecting “Applications” from the sidebar, and then locating and opening QuickTime Player.
Step 2: Start a New Screen Recording
Once QuickTime Player is open, navigate to the top menu bar and select “File.” From the dropdown menu, choose “New Screen Recording.”
Step 3: Configure Screen Recording Settings
A small recording window will appear on your screen. Before you start recording, take a moment to configure some settings. To enable sound recording alongside your screen capture:
- Click on the small arrow next to the red record button.
- Select your desired microphone input from the options listed.
- Ensure that “Built-in Microphone” or an external microphone is chosen if you want to capture external audio.
Step 4: Begin Your Recording
Once you have configured your sound settings, it’s time to start recording:
- Click on the red record button in the center of the recording window.
- Select either your entire screen or a specific portion of it to record.
- Click on the “Start Recording” button.
Step 5: End and Save Your Recording
When you are finished recording, you can end the screen capture:
- Click on the Stop button in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Review your recording and make any necessary edits using QuickTime Player’s built-in editing tools.
- Select “File” from the menu bar and choose “Save” to save your recorded video file.
Congratulations! You have successfully screen recorded on your Mac with sound.
Now you can use this feature to capture and share important moments, create engaging tutorials, or simply save memories for future reference. Enjoy exploring the possibilities that screen recording offers!
In conclusion, screen recording on Mac with sound is a straightforward process using QuickTime Player. By following these steps, you can easily capture and save videos of your screen activities along with accompanying audio.
Make sure to configure your sound settings correctly before starting a new recording, and don’t forget to save your completed recordings for future use. Happy screen recording!