Screen recording on iPhone 12 is a handy feature that allows you to capture and share your device’s screen activity with others. Whether you want to demonstrate a new app, create a tutorial, or showcase your gaming skills, this built-in feature makes it seamless and convenient. In this article, we will walk you through the steps to screen record on iPhone 12.
Step 1: Access Control Center
To begin, you need to access the Control Center on your iPhone 12. Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to open the Control Center. Alternatively, if you have an older iPhone model with Touch ID, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
Step 2: Locate Screen Recording Icon
Once you have opened the Control Center, look for the Screen Recording icon. It resembles a solid white circle within a larger circle.
If you don’t see it immediately, don’t worry! By default, it may not be visible and needs to be added manually.
Adding Screen Recording Icon: To add the Screen Recording icon to your Control Center:
- Go to Settings: Tap on the “Settings” app on your home screen.
- Select Control Center: Scroll down and tap “Control Center.”
- Customize Controls: Tap “Customize Controls.”
- Add Screen Recording: Locate “Screen Recording” under “More Controls” and tap on the green ‘+’ button next to it.
Step 3: Start Screen Recording
Now that you have the Screen Recording icon in your Control Center, you’re ready to start recording your iPhone 12 screen. Follow these simple steps:
- Open Control Center: Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen (or swipe up from the bottom for older iPhones) to access the Control Center.
- Tap Screen Recording Icon: Locate and tap on the Screen Recording icon. You will see a countdown timer of three seconds before recording begins.
- Adjust Microphone Settings (Optional): If you want to record audio along with your screen recording, long-press or deep press (for devices with Haptic Touch) on the Screen Recording icon. From there, you can toggle on or off the microphone audio.
- Start Recording: Once you are ready, tap “Start Recording” from the prompt that appears at the top of your screen.
You will notice a red status bar at the top of your screen, indicating that your iPhone is actively recording. The status bar will remain visible even if you navigate away from the Control Center or switch between apps.
Step 4: Stop Screen Recording
To stop recording your iPhone 12 screen, follow these steps:
- Access Control Center: Swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen (or swipe up from the bottom for older iPhones) to open the Control Center.
- Tap Screen Recording Icon: Locate and tap on the red blinking indicator or Screen Recording icon within your Control Center.
- Note: Alternatively, you can also stop recording by tapping on the red status bar at the top of your screen and selecting “Stop.”
- Confirm to Stop: A prompt will appear, asking if you want to stop the recording. Tap “Stop” to end the screen recording.
After stopping the screen recording, a notification will appear, informing you that the video has been saved to your Photos app. From there, you can edit or share the recording as desired.
Screen recording on iPhone 12 is a powerful tool that enables you to capture and share your device’s screen activity effortlessly. By following these simple steps, you can easily record your screen whenever necessary. Remember to customize your Control Center by adding the Screen Recording icon for quick access.
Note: Screen recording is available on iPhone models running iOS 11 or later. However, depending on your device’s settings or restrictions, some apps and content may not allow screen recording.
Now that you know how to screen record on iPhone 12, unleash your creativity and start capturing those amazing moments!