Scanning documents to PDF on your iPhone has never been easier! With just a few simple steps, you can transform physical documents into digital files that are easy to store, share, and organize.
In this tutorial, we will walk you through the process of scanning to PDF using the built-in Notes app on your iPhone. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Open the Notes App
First, locate the Notes app on your iPhone’s home screen and tap on it to open.
Step 2: Create a New Note
Once you have the Notes app open, tap on the icon at the bottom right corner of the screen to create a new note.
Step 3: Access the Scanning Feature
In the new note view, tap on the plus icon (+) above the keyboard. This will reveal a menu with several options. Tap on “Scan Documents” from this menu.
Step 4: Position Your Document
Aim your iPhone’s camera at the document you want to scan. Make sure that it is well-lit and that all corners of the document are visible within the camera frame.
- Hold your phone steady: It’s important to keep your phone as still as possible while scanning to ensure clear and legible results.
- Avoid glare: Position yourself and your document in a way that minimizes glare or reflections on the page.
- Capture multiple pages: If you have multiple pages to scan, simply position each page within view and tap on “Keep Scan” after capturing each one.
Step 5: Capture the Document
Tap on the white circular capture button at the bottom center of the screen to take a picture of the document. You may need to adjust the position or angle of your device slightly to capture the entire page.
Step 6: Edit and Adjust Scanned Pages (Optional)
If needed, you can now edit or adjust each scanned page before saving it as a PDF. To do this, tap on a scanned page thumbnail to open it in full view.
Available Editing Tools:
- Crop: Drag the blue handles to crop out any unwanted parts of the document.
- Rotate: Tap on the rotate icon (circular arrow) if your document appears sideways or upside down.
Step 7: Save as PDF
Once you are satisfied with your scanned pages, tap on “Save” at the top right corner of the screen. This will save your scanned document as a PDF within the note.
Step 8: Access Your Scanned PDF
To access your newly created PDF, go back to the main note view and tap on its thumbnail. This will open up your PDF in full screen.
- Edit or Share: From this view, you can further edit or share your PDF by tapping on the share icon (square with an arrow pointing upwards).
- Rename: To rename your PDF, tap on its current title at the top center and enter a new name.
That’s it! You have successfully scanned a document to PDF using your iPhone.
Now you can easily store, share, or organize your digital files with ease. Happy scanning!