How to Save a Screenshot on Mac
Taking screenshots is an essential feature for capturing and sharing information on your Mac. Whether you want to capture a specific area of the screen or the entire screen, Mac provides built-in tools that make it simple and convenient. In this tutorial, we will explore different methods to save screenshots on Mac.
Capturing the Entire Screen
If you need to capture the entire screen, follow these steps:
- Press Command + Shift + 3 simultaneously.
- You will hear a camera shutter sound, indicating that the screenshot has been captured.
- The screenshot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop with a filename in the format “Screen Shot [date] at [time].png”.
Capturing a Selected Area
If you want to capture only a specific area of your screen, use the following method:
- Press Command + Shift + 4.
- Your cursor will change to a crosshair symbol.
- Click and drag the crosshair to select the desired area. As you drag, you can also hold down the Shift, Option/Alt, or Spacebar keys for specific alignment or resizing options.
- To take the screenshot, release the mouse button or trackpad.
+ 5. The screenshot will be saved as a PNG file on your desktop with a filename in the format “Screen Shot [date] at [time].