Have you ever accidentally deleted precious pictures from your iPhone? Don’t panic!
With the right tools and techniques, it’s often possible to retrieve those deleted pictures and bring back those cherished memories. In this tutorial, we will guide you step by step on how to retrieve deleted pictures on your iPhone. Let’s get started!
1. Check Recently Deleted Album
If you accidentally deleted a picture, the first place to check is the “Recently Deleted” album on your iPhone. This album keeps all the photos you have recently deleted for 30 days before permanently removing them.
To access this album:
- Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Albums” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and find the “Recently Deleted” album.
- Tap on it to open.
2. Restore Pictures from Recently Deleted Album
If you find your deleted pictures in the “Recently Deleted” album, follow these steps to restore them:
- Open the “Recently Deleted” album.
- Tap on “Select” in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select all the pictures you want to recover by tapping on them.
- Tap on “Recover” or “Recover All” at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Use iCloud Photos
If you have enabled iCloud Photos, there’s a chance that your deleted pictures are still available in your iCloud account even after being removed from your iPhone’s storage. Here’s how you can check:
- Go to the iCloud website (www.com) on a computer or another device.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on “Photos” to access your iCloud Photo Library.
- Navigate to the “Recently Deleted” folder on the left-hand side of the screen.
- If you find your deleted pictures, select them and click on “Recover” to restore them.
4. Use a Third-Party Data Recovery Tool
If you couldn’t find your deleted pictures in the “Recently Deleted” album or iCloud, you can turn to third-party data recovery tools.
These tools are specifically designed to recover lost or deleted files from iPhones. One popular option is iMobie PhoneRescue.
To use PhoneRescue:
- Download and install PhoneRescue from the official website (www.com/phonerescue/).
- Launch PhoneRescue and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Select “Recover from iOS Device” and click on “Next”.
- Select the types of data you want to recover (in this case, choose “Photos”) and click on “Next”.
- Wait for PhoneRescue to scan your iPhone for deleted photos.
- Once the scan is complete, preview and select the photos you want to retrieve.
- Click on “Recover” to save the selected photos to your computer.
5. Preventing Future Photo Loss
To avoid losing important pictures in the future, it’s essential to regularly backup your iPhone. You can use iCloud or iTunes to create backups and ensure that your photos are safe even if they get deleted from your device.
Additionally, consider using cloud storage services like Google Photos or Dropbox to automatically sync and store your pictures. By having multiple backups, you can have peace of mind knowing that your precious memories are protected.
Accidentally deleting pictures from your iPhone can be distressing, but with the right steps, you can often recover those lost photos. Start by checking the “Recently Deleted” album on your device, and if needed, explore options like iCloud Photos and third-party data recovery tools like PhoneRescue.
Remember to regularly backup your iPhone to prevent future photo loss. Now you can restore those special moments and continue enjoying them for years to come!