In today’s digital age, our smartphones have become an integral part of our lives. We use them to capture precious moments through photos and videos.
However, accidental deletion of these photos can be a gut-wrenching experience. But fear not! In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to retrieve deleted photos from Android using different methods and tools.
Method 1: Check the Trash or Recently Deleted Folder
If you are using a newer version of Android, there is a high chance that your device has a built-in “Trash” or “Recently Deleted” folder where deleted photos are temporarily stored before being permanently erased. Follow the steps below to check if your device has this feature:
- Unlock your Android device and go to the Gallery app.
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the option that says “Trash” or “Recently Deleted“.
- Browse through the contents of the Trash folder and look for the deleted photos you want to recover.
- Select the photos you wish to restore and tap on the “Restore” or “Recover” button.
- The selected photos will now be restored back to their original location in your Gallery app.
Method 2: Use Google Photos Backup & Sync Feature
If you have enabled Google Photos Backup & Sync on your Android device, there is a good chance that your deleted photos are still available in the cloud. Follow these steps to retrieve your photos:
- Open the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- Sign in with your Google account if you haven’t already.
- Tap on the “Menu” icon (three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select “Trash” from the menu.
- Browse through the deleted photos and videos in the Trash folder.
- Select the photos you want to restore.
- Tap on the “Restore” button to recover them to your device’s Gallery app.
Method 3: Use Third-Party Data Recovery Apps
If methods one and two didn’t work for you, don’t worry! There are several third-party data recovery apps available that can help you retrieve deleted photos from Android. Here are a few popular options:
- DiskDigger: DiskDigger is a powerful data recovery app that can scan your device’s internal memory and SD card for deleted files, including photos. It offers both free and paid versions, with the paid version providing more advanced features.
- Dr.Fone – Data Recovery: Dr.Fone is another popular data recovery tool that supports photo recovery from Android devices.
It is user-friendly and offers a free trial version so you can test its effectiveness before purchasing.
- Recuva: Recuva is a well-known data recovery software that can help you retrieve deleted photos from your Android device. It is available for free and provides a simple and intuitive interface.
Before using any third-party app, make sure to read reviews, check their compatibility with your Android version, and back up your device to avoid data loss during the recovery process.
Accidentally deleting precious photos from your Android device can be distressing, but with the right knowledge and tools, you can recover them. In this tutorial, we discussed three methods to retrieve deleted photos: checking the Trash or Recently Deleted folder, using Google Photos Backup & Sync feature, and utilizing third-party data recovery apps.
Remember to act quickly when you realize you’ve deleted a photo and avoid using your device until the recovery process is complete. Good luck recovering those memories!