In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to retrieve deleted apps on your iPhone. Losing an app accidentally or intentionally deleting it can be frustrating, but don’t worry! With a few simple steps, you can easily recover your deleted apps and get them back on your device.
Method 1: Using the App Store
If you have accidentally deleted an app from your iPhone, the easiest way to retrieve it is through the App Store. Follow these steps:
- Open the App Store: Tap on the App Store icon on your home screen.
- Tap on your profile picture: Located at the top right corner of the App Store.
- Select “Purchased”: Scroll down and tap on Purchased. This will show you a list of all the apps you have downloaded before.
- Browse or search for the deleted app: Use the search bar or scroll through the list to find the app you want to retrieve.
- Tap on the download icon: It looks like a cloud with an arrow pointing downward. This will re-download and install the app on your device.
Method 2: Using iTunes Backup
If you have previously backed up your iPhone using iTunes, you can restore your device to a previous backup and retrieve any deleted apps. Here’s how:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer: Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to a computer with iTunes installed.
- Open iTunes: Launch iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically.
- Select your iPhone: Click on the device icon located in the top left corner of the iTunes window.
- Click on “Restore Backup”: Under the Backups section, click on Restore Backup. This will show you a list of available backups.
- Select the backup: Choose the most recent backup that contains the deleted app you want to retrieve.
- Click on “Restore”: Confirm your selection and wait for the restore process to complete. This will restore your iPhone to its previous state, including the deleted app.
Method 3: Using iCloud Backup
If you have enabled iCloud Backup on your iPhone, you can retrieve deleted apps by restoring your device from an iCloud backup. Follow these steps:
- Erase all content and settings: Go to Settings, tap on General, scroll down to Reset, and select Erase All Content and Settings. This will wipe your device clean.
- Set up your iPhone: Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device again.
When prompted, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Select an iCloud backup: Sign in with your Apple ID and choose the most recent backup that includes the deleted app you want to retrieve.
- Wait for the restore process: Your iPhone will begin restoring from iCloud. Make sure to stay connected to a Wi-Fi network during this process as it may take some time.
- Check if the app is restored: Once the restore process is complete, check your home screen to see if the deleted app has been successfully retrieved.
Using one of these methods, you can easily retrieve deleted apps on your iPhone and get them back on your device. Whether you accidentally deleted an app or want to recover a previously removed app, these steps will help you regain access to your favorite apps in no time.
Remember, it’s always a good practice to regularly back up your iPhone to avoid any data loss. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your apps and other important data are safely backed up and easily recoverable.