Have you ever accidentally deleted precious pictures on your Android device? Don’t worry, there are ways to restore them! In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of recovering deleted pictures on Android.
Method 1: Restore from Google Photos
If you have enabled the backup and sync feature in Google Photos, restoring deleted pictures is a breeze. Follow these steps:
- Open Google Photos: Launch the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- Tap on Menu: Look for the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the screen and tap on it to open the menu.
- Select Trash: In the menu, select “Trash” to see all your recently deleted photos.
- Select Photos: Browse through the deleted photos and select the ones you want to restore. You can tap on multiple photos to select them.
- Restore: Once you have selected all the desired pictures, tap on the “Restore” button located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Note: Deleted photos stay in the Trash for up to 60 days before being permanently removed. So make sure to restore them within this time frame.
Method 2: Use a File Recovery App
If you don’t have a backup or you want to recover photos that were permanently deleted, using a file recovery app can be helpful. Follow these steps:
- Select a File Recovery App: There are several file recovery apps available on the Google Play Store. Choose one that has good reviews and ratings.
- Install and Launch the App: Download and install the selected file recovery app.
Launch it once the installation is complete.
- Grant Necessary Permissions: The app may require certain permissions to access your device’s storage. Grant the necessary permissions for the app to function properly.
- Scan for Deleted Files: Tap on the “Scan” or “Recover” button to initiate a scan for deleted files, including pictures.
- Select and Recover: Once the scan is complete, you will see a list of recoverable files. Select the pictures you want to restore and tap on the “Recover” button.
Note: It’s important to remember that not all deleted pictures can be recovered. The success of file recovery depends on various factors such as how long ago they were deleted and whether they have been overwritten by new data.
Method 3: Restore from an SD Card Backup
If you had previously backed up your pictures to an SD card, you can easily restore them using these steps:
- Insert SD Card: Insert the SD card containing your backup files into your Android device.
- Open File Manager: Open the file manager app on your device. If you don’t have one, you can download one from the Google Play Store.
- Navigate to SD Card: In the file manager, navigate to the location where your backup files are stored. This is usually under a folder named “Backups” or “Pictures”.
- Select and Copy: Tap and hold on each picture you want to restore, then select “Copy”.
- Navigate to Device Storage: Go back to the file manager’s main screen and navigate to the folder where you want to restore the pictures on your device’s internal storage.
- Paste: Tap on “Paste” to copy the selected pictures from the SD card to your device.
Note: Make sure you have enough free space on your device’s internal storage before restoring pictures from an SD card backup.
Accidentally deleting pictures can be disheartening, but with these methods, you can have a good chance of recovering them. Remember to regularly back up your photos and enable automatic syncing with cloud services like Google Photos for added peace of mind. Hopefully, this tutorial has helped you in restoring your deleted pictures on Android!