Have you ever accidentally deleted an app on your Android device and wished you could get it back? Don’t worry, there’s a way to restore deleted apps on Android. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process step by step.
Method 1: Using the Play Store
If you have accidentally deleted an app that you downloaded from the Google Play Store, don’t fret. Here’s how to restore it:
- Step 1: Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Step 2: Tap on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Select “My apps & games” from the menu.
- Step 4: Go to the “Library” tab at the top.
- Step 5: Here, you will find a list of all the apps you have downloaded in the past.
- Step 6: Scroll through the list and find the app you want to restore.
- Step 7: Tap on the app and then select “Install” or “Enable” to restore it to your device.
This method works for apps that were previously installed from the Google Play Store. If you have deleted an app that was sideloaded or installed from a third-party source, this method may not work for you. In that case, try Method 2 below.
Method 2: Using a File Manager App
If Method 1 didn’t work for you because the app was not downloaded from the Play Store, you can try using a file manager app to restore it. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Download and install a file manager app from the Google Play Store. There are many options available, such as ES File Explorer, Solid Explorer, or Astro File Manager.
- Step 2: Open the file manager app and navigate to the “Downloads” or “Documents” folder on your device.
- Step 3: Look for the APK file of the deleted app. The APK files are usually stored in these folders.
- Step 4: Tap on the APK file to install it.
Note that this method requires you to have a backup of the APK file of the deleted app. If you don’t have a backup, this method may not work for you. It’s always a good practice to regularly back up your apps and files to avoid losing them permanently.
Accidentally deleting an app on your Android device can be frustrating, but with these methods, you can easily restore deleted apps. Method 1 is suitable for apps downloaded from the Google Play Store, while Method 2 can be used for sideloaded or third-party apps.
Remember, it’s important to be cautious when deleting apps and always double-check before hitting that delete button. And if you do accidentally delete an app, don’t panic!
You now have the knowledge to restore it using these simple steps. Happy restoring!