Have you ever accidentally deleted an app on your Android device and then realized that you actually needed it? Don’t worry, restoring a deleted app is easier than you might think. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to restore a deleted app on Android.
Method 1: Using the Play Store
If you have previously installed the app from the Play Store, you can easily restore it by following these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Tap on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) located at the top-left corner of the screen to open the side menu.
- Select “My apps & games” from the menu options. This will open a list of all your installed apps.
- Switch to the “Library” tab at the top of the screen.
This tab contains a list of all your previously downloaded and purchased apps.
- Navigate through the list and find the app that you want to restore. You can use the search bar at the top to quickly find it.
- Select the app, and then tap on the “Install” or “Enable” button (depending on whether it was previously uninstalled or disabled).
- The app will now be restored and will appear in your app drawer like before.
Method 2: Using App Backup and Restore Apps
If you don’t have access to your previous installation history in the Play Store, another option is to use third-party backup and restore apps. Here’s how:
- Install a reliable backup and restore app from the Play Store. Some popular options include “App Backup & Restore” and “Titanium Backup”.
- Open the app and grant any necessary permissions it may require.
- Navigate to the “Backup” or “Restore” section within the app.
- Select the app that you want to restore from the list of backed-up apps.
- Tap on the “Restore” button or a similar option within the app. The backup app will then reinstall the chosen app onto your Android device.
- The app will be restored, and you can now open it from your app drawer.
If you have manually deleted an APK file (the installation file for an Android app) or have removed an app using other methods, these methods may not work. In such cases, you may need to find a trusted source to download the APK file again and manually install it on your device following appropriate security precautions.
In conclusion, restoring a deleted app on Android is not a daunting task. By following these methods, you can easily retrieve and reinstall your deleted apps without any hassle. Whether you choose to use the Play Store or third-party backup apps, always remember to be cautious while downloading apps from unfamiliar sources to ensure your device’s security.