Are you an Android user who also happens to own a pair of Apple AirPods? While AirPods are primarily designed to work seamlessly with Apple devices, you can still use them with your Android phone.
However, if you encounter any connectivity issues or simply want to start fresh, resetting your AirPods can help resolve these problems. In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to reset AirPods on Android.
Step 1: Disconnect AirPods from your Android device
If your AirPods are currently connected to your Android phone, it is essential to disconnect them before proceeding with the reset process. To disconnect the AirPods:
- Step 1.1: Open the Bluetooth settings on your Android device.
- Step 1.2: Find the name of your AirPods in the list of available devices and tap on it.3: Tap “Forget” or “Unpair” to disconnect the AirPods from your Android device.
Step 2: Resetting the AirPods
To completely reset your AirPods and clear all existing settings:
- Step 2.1: Place both of your AirPods back into their charging case.
- Step 2.2: Close the lid of the charging case.3: Wait for at least 30 seconds.4: Open the lid of the charging case.
Step 3: Reconnecting AirPods to Android device
Once you have successfully reset your AirPods, you can now reconnect them to your Android device. Here’s how:
- Step 3.
- Step 3.2: Put both AirPods in your ears.3: Press and hold the button on the back of the charging case until the LED light starts flashing white.4: On your Android device, find the name of your AirPods in the list of available devices and tap on it to connect.
No LED light is flashing on the charging case
If you don’t see any LED light flashing on the charging case, ensure that your AirPods are properly seated inside and that the case has enough charge. Try connecting it to a power source using the included lightning cable and wait for a few minutes before attempting to reset again.
AirPods are still not connecting after resetting
If you have followed all the steps above and your AirPods still fail to connect, try restarting both your Android device and the AirPods. Additionally, make sure that your Android device’s Bluetooth is turned on and functioning correctly.
Congratulations! You now know how to reset AirPods on an Android device. Resetting can help resolve various connectivity issues, ensuring a smoother experience with your beloved AirPods!