Google Drive is a popular cloud storage service that allows you to store and access your files from anywhere. However, if you no longer use Google Drive or simply want to remove it from your Mac, this tutorial will guide you through the process. In this article, we will walk you through the steps to uninstall Google Drive from your Mac.
Step 1: Quit Google Drive
Before uninstalling Google Drive, make sure it is not running on your Mac. To quit Google Drive, follow these steps:
- Click on the Google Drive icon in the menu bar at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select the “Quit Google Drive” option from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Move Google Drive to Trash
To remove Google Drive from your Mac, you need to move it to the Trash. Here’s how:
- Open a new Finder window.
- Navigate to the “Applications” folder in the sidebar.
- Select the “Google Drive” application icon.
- Drag and drop the application icon into the Trash bin.
Step 3: Remove Google Drive Preferences and Support Files
To ensure a complete removal of Google Drive from your Mac, you should also delete its preferences and support files. Follow these steps:
- In Finder, press Command + Shift + G to open the “Go to Folder” window.
- Type “~/Library” in the text field and click “Go”.
- Navigate to the following directories and delete any Google Drive related files:
Step 4: Empty Trash and Restart your Mac
To complete the removal process, empty your Trash bin by following these steps:
- Right-click on the Trash icon in your Dock.
- Select the “Empty Trash” option from the context menu.
- Restart your Mac.
Congratulations! You have successfully removed Google Drive from your Mac. If you ever decide to use Google Drive again, you can download and install it from the official Google Drive website.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us!