Are you tired of those annoying ads popping up on your Android phone every time you use an app or browse the internet? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this tutorial, we will show you how to remove ads from your Android phone with some simple steps.
Step 1: Identify the Culprit
The first step in removing ads from your Android phone is to identify which app or service is responsible for displaying those intrusive ads. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings: Open the Settings app on your Android phone by tapping on its icon in the app drawer or by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping on the gear-shaped icon.
- Go to Apps & Notifications: Scroll down and tap on “Apps & Notifications” or a similar option depending on your device’s manufacturer.
- View All Apps: Depending on your device, you may need to tap on “See all [number] apps” or a similar option to view all installed apps.
- Sort by Recent: Tap on the drop-down menu at the top of the screen and select “Sort by Recent”. This will display recently opened apps first.
- Browse Installed Apps: Scroll through the list and look for any unfamiliar apps that you don’t remember installing. These are often responsible for displaying ads.
Step 2: Uninstall Suspicious Apps
If you have identified any suspicious apps in Step 1, it’s time to uninstall them. Follow these instructions:
- Select App for Removal: Tap on the app you want to uninstall from your Android phone.
- Uninstall the App: On the app’s info page, tap on the “Uninstall” button. Confirm your action when prompted.
Note: If the suspicious app is a system app that cannot be uninstalled, you can try disabling it instead. This will prevent it from running and displaying ads on your phone.
Step 3: Use an Ad Blocker
If you are still experiencing ads on your Android phone after uninstalling suspicious apps, you can use an ad blocker to block ads system-wide. Follow these steps:
- Download Ad Blocker: Open a web browser on your Android phone and search for a reputable ad blocker app, such as “AdGuard” or “Block This!”. Download and install the app from a trusted source like the Google Play Store.
- Enable Ad Blocker: Open the ad blocker app and follow the instructions to enable ad blocking on your device.
Step 4: Adjust Google Settings
If you are still seeing ads while using Google apps or services on your Android phone, you may need to adjust some settings in your Google account. Here’s what you can do:
- Open Google Settings: Open the Settings app on your Android phone and scroll down to find “Google”. Tap on it to open Google settings.
- Tap on Ads: In the Google settings menu, tap on “Ads” or “Ads preferences”.
This will open options related to personalized ads.
- Opt-Out of Personalized Ads: Disable the option for “Opt out of Ads Personalization” or a similar setting. This will prevent Google from using your data to show personalized ads.
Step 5: Clear Cache and Data
If you are still encountering ads on your Android phone, clearing the cache and data of certain apps can help remove any ad-related files. Here’s how:
- Open Settings: Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Select App for Clearing Cache and Data: Tap on the app that you suspect might be causing the ads.
- Clear Cache and Data: On the app’s info page, tap on “Storage & cache” or a similar option. Then, tap on “Clear cache” and “Clear storage” to remove any cached files or data associated with the app.
Congratulations! You have successfully removed ads from your Android phone.
Remember to be cautious while installing apps from unknown sources to avoid future ad-related issues. Enjoy an ad-free experience on your Android device!