Have you ever accidentally deleted precious photos from your Android device? Don’t panic! In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to recover photos on Android using simple and effective methods.
Method 1: Restore from Google Photos
If you have enabled the backup feature in Google Photos, recovering your deleted photos is a breeze. Just follow these steps:
- Open Google Photos – Launch the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- Tap on the Menu – Look for the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the screen and tap on it to open the menu.
- Select “Trash” – From the menu options, choose “Trash” to access all your recently deleted photos.
- Select and Restore – Browse through the list of deleted photos, select the ones you want to recover, and tap on the “Restore” button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Method 2: Use a File Recovery App
If you don’t have a backup in Google Photos or if your deleted photos are not visible in the Trash, don’t worry. You can still recover them using a file recovery app such as DiskDigger or Dumpster. Follow these steps:
- Install a File Recovery App – Head over to the Play Store and download a file recovery app like DiskDigger or Dumpster.
- Launch the App – Open the installed app on your Android device.
- Select Storage Location – Choose where your deleted photos were stored, such as Internal Storage or SD Card.
- Scan for Deleted Files – Initiate a scan within the app to search for deleted photos. This process may take a few minutes.
- Browse and Recover – Once the scan is complete, browse through the list of recovered photos and select the ones you wish to restore. Tap on the “Recover” button to save them back to your device.
Method 3: Connect to a Computer
If you are unable to recover your photos using the above methods, connecting your Android device to a computer might be your solution. Follow these steps:
- Connect Your Device – Use a USB cable to connect your Android device to a computer.
- Select File Transfer Mode – On your Android device, when prompted, choose “File Transfer” or “Transfer files” mode.
- Navigate to DCIM Folder – Open the File Explorer on your computer and navigate to the “DCIM” folder on your Android device.
- Search for Deleted Photos – Look for any folders or files with names like “Deleted” or “Trash”. These folders may contain your deleted photos.
- Copy and Restore – Copy the desired photos from the computer back to your Android device’s storage or any desired location on your computer.
Tips for Successful Photo Recovery:
- Act Quickly: The sooner you attempt photo recovery, the higher chances of success as deleted files may get overwritten by new data over time.
- Avoid Overwriting: Do not save any new photos or files on your Android device until you have completed the recovery process.
- Backup Regularly: Enable automatic backups in Google Photos or use other backup solutions to avoid permanent data loss.
Now you are equipped with multiple methods to recover your deleted photos on Android. Remember to stay calm and follow the steps carefully. Good luck with recovering your precious memories!