Have you accidentally deleted an important video from your Android device? Don’t panic!
With the right tools and techniques, you can recover those permanently deleted videos and restore them back to your device. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of recovering permanently deleted videos from your Android device.
1. Stop Using Your Device Immediately
If you have realized that you have deleted a video by mistake, it is crucial to stop using your device immediately. Continuing to use your device can overwrite the space previously occupied by the deleted video, making it more difficult or even impossible to recover.
2. Check Your Google Photos Trash
If you use Google Photos to backup your media files, there’s a chance that the deleted video might still be in the trash folder. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- Step 2: Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner to open the menu.
- Step 3: Select “Trash” from the menu.
- Step 4: Look for the deleted video in the trash folder.
- Step 5: If you find the video, tap on it and select “Restore” to recover it back to your device.
3. Use a Reliable Video Recovery App
If you didn’t find your deleted video in Google Photos trash, don’t worry! There are several reliable third-party apps available that specialize in recovering lost or deleted videos from Android devices.
One such app is “DiskDigger Photo Recovery.” Follow these steps to use the app:
- Step 1: Visit the Google Play Store and search for “DiskDigger Photo Recovery. “
- Step 2: Install and launch the app on your device.
- Step 3: Grant the necessary permissions to access your device’s storage.
- Step 4: Select the type of files you want to recover (in this case, videos).
- Step 5: Tap on the “Scan Device” button and wait for the app to scan your device’s internal storage for deleted videos.
- Step 6: Once the scan is complete, browse through the recovered videos and select the ones you want to restore.
4. Recover Deleted Videos Using a Computer
If you were unsuccessful in recovering your deleted videos using Android apps, you can try using a computer. Follow these steps:
a) Connect Your Android Device to Your Computer
In order to recover deleted videos using a computer, you need to connect your Android device with a USB cable. Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your device before proceeding.
b) Use Data Recovery Software
There are several data recovery software options available for both Windows and Mac computers that can help you recover deleted videos from your Android device. One popular software is “Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android)”. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Launch the Dr.Fone software on your computer.
- Step 2: Connect your Android device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Step 3: Follow the on-screen instructions to enable USB debugging on your device.
- Step 4: Once your device is detected, select the “Videos” option and click on “Next” to start scanning for deleted videos.
- Step 5: After the scan is complete, preview the recovered videos and select the ones you want to recover.
- Step 6: Finally, click on the “Recover” button to restore the selected videos back to your computer.
This step requires you to download and install Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android) on your computer. The software is available for both Windows and Mac users. You can find it on the official website of Wondershare.
Congratulations! You have successfully recovered your permanently deleted videos from your Android device.
Remember to regularly backup your important files in order to avoid such situations in the future. Enjoy watching your precious memories again!
We hope this tutorial has been helpful in guiding you through the process of recovering permanently deleted videos from Android. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to leave a comment below. Happy video recovery!