How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos on iPhone With Backup
Losing precious photos from your iPhone can be a heart-wrenching experience. Whether it’s due to accidental deletion, software issues, or a lost device, the thought of permanently losing those memories is devastating.
However, if you have been regularly backing up your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes, there’s still hope! In this tutorial, we will show you how to recover permanently deleted photos on your iPhone using your backup.
Step 1: Check Your iCloud or iTunes Backup
The first step in recovering your deleted photos is to determine whether you have a recent backup available. If you use iCloud for backups, open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on your name at the top. Then select “iCloud” and “Manage Storage.”
Look for the “Backups” option and check if there is a recent backup available for your device. If you use iTunes for backups, connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes to check for available backups.
Step 2: Restore Your iPhone from Backup
Once you have confirmed that a backup exists, it’s time to restore your iPhone. Keep in mind that restoring from a backup will erase all the data on your device and replace it with the backed-up data, including the deleted photos.
Before proceeding with the restore process, ensure that you have a stable internet connection (for iCloud) or a computer with iTunes installed (for iTunes backups). Also, make sure that your device has enough battery power or is connected to a power source.
Restoring from an iCloud Backup:
- On your iPhone’s welcome screen after setting up or erasing all content, select your preferred language and country.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- On the “Apps & Data” screen, tap on “Restore from iCloud Backup. “
- Sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
- Select the backup you want to restore from the list of available backups.
Choose the one that contains your deleted photos.
- Wait for the restore process to complete. This might take some time, depending on the size of your backup and your internet speed.
Restoring from an iTunes Backup:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode or trust this computer.
- Launch iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically.
- Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes.
- In the Summary tab, click on “Restore Backup. “
- Select the backup you want to restore from the drop-down menu.
Choose the one that includes your deleted photos.
- Click on “Restore” and wait for the process to complete. Be patient as this may take a while.
Step 3: Check if Your Photos are Recovered
After restoring from a backup, check if your deleted photos have been successfully recovered. Open the Photos app on your iPhone and navigate to different albums or use the search function to locate specific images.
- If you have taken new photos or added more data since your last backup, those changes will not be reflected after restoring from an old backup. This process only restores data up until the time of that particular backup.
- If you don’t find your deleted photos after the restore, it’s possible that they were not included in the backup or were permanently deleted before the backup was created. In such cases, consider using specialized data recovery software or contacting professional data recovery services.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully recovered your permanently deleted photos on your iPhone using your backup. Remember to regularly back up your device to avoid future data loss.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful to you. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us.