In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of recovering permanently deleted photos from your iPhone. Losing precious memories can be devastating, but with the right tools and techniques, you can still have a chance to retrieve them. So let’s get started!
1. Check Recently Deleted Folder
If you have accidentally deleted your photos, the first place to check is the “Recently Deleted” folder in your iPhone’s Photos app. This folder keeps deleted photos for 30 days before permanently removing them.
2. Use iCloud Photos
If you have enabled iCloud Photos on your iPhone, there’s a good chance that your deleted photos are still available in the cloud. Follow these steps to recover them:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and tap on your name at the top.
- Select “iCloud” and then “Photos”.
- Make sure “iCloud Photos” is turned on.
- Open the Photos app and wait for it to sync with iCloud.
- Navigate to the “Recently Deleted” folder and check if your photos are there.
3. Utilize a Data Recovery Tool
If none of the above methods work or if you haven’t enabled iCloud Photos, don’t worry! There are third-party data recovery tools available that can help you recover permanently deleted photos from your iPhone.
iMobie PhoneRescue is one such reliable tool that specializes in iOS data recovery. Here’s how you can use it:
- Download and install iMobie PhoneRescue on your computer.
- Launch the program and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Select the “Recover from iOS Device” option and click on “Next”.
- Choose the types of data you want to recover, such as “Photos”, and click on “Scan”.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then preview the recovered photos.
- Select the photos you want to recover and click on “Recover” to save them to your computer.
Note: iMobie PhoneRescue offers a free trial version, but for full recovery capabilities, you may need to purchase the software.
4. Restore from a Backup
If you regularly back up your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud, you can restore your device from a backup that was created before the photos were deleted. Here’s how:
Restore from iTunes Backup
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
- Select your device when it appears in iTunes.
- Click on “Restore Backup” and choose the most relevant backup that contains your deleted photos.
- Click on “Restore” and wait for the process to complete.
Restore from iCloud Backup
- Erase all content and settings on your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Follow the initial setup steps until you reach the Apps & Data screen. Select “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in to your iCloud account and choose the backup that includes your deleted photos.
- Wait for the restore process to complete. Your iPhone will restart, and your photos should be recovered.
Note: Restoring from a backup will overwrite the current data on your iPhone, so ensure you have a recent backup before proceeding.
5. Contact Apple Support
If none of the above methods work or if you encounter any difficulties during the recovery process, it’s best to reach out to Apple Support for further assistance.
They have dedicated experts who can help you navigate through complex data recovery scenarios.
In conclusion, losing photos can be distressing, but there are several methods you can try to recover them. Remember to check the “Recently Deleted” folder, utilize iCloud Photos, use a data recovery tool like iMobie PhoneRescue, restore from a backup, or seek help from Apple Support if needed. Good luck with recovering your precious memories!