Have you ever accidentally deleted precious photos from your Android gallery? Don’t worry, there’s still hope!
With the right steps and tools, you can recover those permanently deleted photos and cherish those memories once again. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of recovering permanently deleted photos from your Android gallery.
Step 1: Stop Using Your Phone
The first and most important step is to stop using your phone immediately after deleting the photos. Continuing to use your device may overwrite the deleted data, making it much harder or even impossible to recover.
Step 2: Use a Reliable Data Recovery App
There are several reliable data recovery apps available for Android devices. One popular choice is DiskDigger. You can download it for free from the Google Play Store.
Here’s how to use DiskDigger:
- Install DiskDigger: Head over to the Google Play Store, search for DiskDigger, and install it on your Android device.
- Launch DiskDigger: Once installed, open the app on your device.
- Select Storage Device: DiskDigger will ask you to select the storage device where your photos were located. Choose “Internal Storage” or the specific external storage option if applicable.
- Select File Types: Next, select the types of files you want to recover.
In this case, choose “Photos” or “All Files” if you aren’t sure which file types were deleted.
- Scan for Deleted Photos: Tap on the “Scan” button and let DiskDigger perform a deep scan of your device’s memory for any recoverable files.
- Recover Deleted Photos: Once the scan is complete, DiskDigger will display a list of recoverable photos. Select the ones you want to recover, or choose “Select All” to restore all deleted photos.
- Save Recovered Photos: Finally, tap on the “Recover” button and choose a safe location to save the recovered photos. Make sure to select a different storage location to avoid overwriting any existing data.
Step 3: Check Google Photos Trash
If you use Google Photos as your default gallery app, there’s a chance that your deleted photos might still be in the trash folder. Here’s how to check:
- Open Google Photos: Launch the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- Tap on the Menu: Look for the three horizontal lines or dots in the top-left corner of the app and tap on it.
- Select Trash: From the menu, select “Trash” or “Bin”. This will open up the trash folder where deleted photos are temporarily stored before permanent deletion.
- Browse and Recover: Browse through the trash folder and look for your deleted photos. Once found, select them and tap on the “Restore” button to recover them back into your gallery.
Note: The Google Photos trash folder retains deleted items for 60 days before permanently deleting them. So, make sure to check it within this timeframe.
Step 4: Use a Backup Service
If you regularly back up your Android device using cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive, you may be able to recover your deleted photos from there. Here’s how:
- Open the Backup Service App: Depending on the cloud service you use, open the respective app on your Android device.
- Sign In: Sign in to your account associated with the backup service if you haven’t already.
- Locate and Restore Photos: Navigate through the app’s interface and look for a “Photos” or “Gallery” section. Here, you should find your backed-up photos. Select the ones you want to restore and follow the prompts to bring them back to your gallery.
If you don’t have a backup service in place, we highly recommend setting one up for future data recovery needs.
Accidentally deleting photos from your Android gallery can be distressing, but with the right steps and tools, you can recover them. Remember to stop using your phone immediately, use a reliable data recovery app like DiskDigger, check Google Photos’ trash folder, or restore from a backup service when necessary. By following these methods, you have a good chance of recovering those permanently deleted photos and reliving those special moments once again!