Have you ever accidentally deleted important text messages on your iPhone? Don’t worry, there are ways to recover them!
In this tutorial, we will learn how to recover deleted texts on iPhone using different methods and tools. So let’s get started!
Method 1: Restore from an iCloud Backup
If you have enabled iCloud backup on your iPhone, you can easily recover deleted texts by restoring from a backup. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap on your name at the top of the screen.
- Step 3: Select “iCloud” from the list of options.
- Step 4: Scroll down and tap on “iCloud Backup”.
- Step 5: Make sure that the toggle next to “iCloud Backup” is turned on.
- Step 6: Tap on “Back Up Now” to create a new backup of your iPhone (if you haven’t done so recently).
- Step 7: Once the backup is complete, go back to the main Settings screen.
If you have already created an iCloud backup before deleting your text messages, skip steps 6 and 7 and proceed with the following steps.
- Step 8: Tap on “General”.
- Step 9: Scroll down and select “Reset”.
- Step 10: Choose “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Step 11: When prompted, enter your passcode and confirm the action.
- Step 12: Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your iPhone.
- Step 13: On the “Apps & Data” screen, select “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Step 14: Sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
- Step 15: Choose the most recent backup that includes your deleted text messages.
- Step 16: Wait for the restore process to complete. This may take some time depending on the size of the backup and your internet connection.
Method 2: Use a Third-Party Data Recovery Tool
If you don’t have an iCloud backup or if the above method didn’t work for you, there are third-party data recovery tools available that can help you recover deleted texts on iPhone. One such tool is ‘Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS)’ by Wondershare. Here’s how you can use it:
- Step A:
Note: Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS) is a paid tool, but it offers a free trial version with limited functionality. You can purchase the full version for unlimited access to all features.
– Download and install ‘Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS)’ on your computer from the official Wondershare website.
– Launch the application and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
– Select “Data Recovery” from the main menu.
– The tool will detect your iPhone and display available recovery options. Choose “Recover from iOS Device”.
- Step B: Choose the types of data you want to recover.
In this case, select “Messages & Attachments”.
- Step C: Click on the “Start Scan” button to initiate the scanning process.
- Step D: Once the scan is complete, you will see a list of recoverable text messages. Select the ones you want to recover.
- Step E: Click on the “Recover” button to save the selected text messages to your computer.
Note: Make sure not to disconnect your iPhone during the recovery process as it may cause data loss or corruption.
In this tutorial, we have explored two methods to recover deleted texts on iPhone. If you have an iCloud backup, restoring from a backup is a convenient option.
However, if you don’t have a backup or if it doesn’t include your deleted text messages, using a third-party data recovery tool like ‘Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS)’ can help you retrieve them successfully. Remember to regularly back up your iPhone to avoid losing important data in the future. We hope this article has been helpful in resolving your text message recovery issue!
If you found this tutorial useful, feel free to share it with others who might be facing the same problem. Happy text message recovery!