Have you ever accidentally deleted precious photos from your Android device? Don’t worry, there’s still hope! In this tutorial, we’ll guide you step by step on how to recover deleted pictures from Android using various methods and tools.
Method 1: Check Google Photos App
If you have enabled the backup and sync feature in the Google Photos app, your deleted pictures might still be available in the trash folder. Follow these steps to check:
- Step 1: Open the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- Step 2: Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top-left corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Step 3: Select “Trash” from the menu options.
- Step 4: Browse through the deleted photos and select the ones you want to recover.
- Step 5: Tap on the “Restore” button to recover the selected pictures back to your device’s gallery.
If your desired photos are not found in the trash folder or if you haven’t enabled backup and sync in Google Photos, don’t worry! We have more methods for you to try.
Method 2: Use a File Recovery App
If your photos were stored locally on your Android device and not backed up, you can use a file recovery app like DiskDigger or Dr.Fone – Data Recovery for Android. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Download and install a file recovery app from the Google Play Store (e.g., DiskDigger).
- Step 2: Open the app and grant it necessary permissions to access your device’s storage.
- Step 3: Start the scanning process to search for deleted photos.
- Step 4: Once the scan is complete, the app will display a list of recoverable photos.
- Step 5: Select the deleted pictures you want to restore and tap on the “Recover” button.
Note: It’s recommended to save the recovered pictures to a different location (e., an external SD card or computer) to prevent overwriting any existing data.
Method 3: Connect Your Android Device to a Computer
If you have previously connected your Android device to a computer and enabled USB debugging, you can try recovering your deleted pictures using specialized software like EaseUS MobiSaver or Dr. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Install and launch the chosen software on your computer.
- Step 2: Connect your Android device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Step 3: Follow the on-screen instructions provided by the software to enable USB debugging on your Android device.
- Step 4: Once USB debugging is enabled, start the scanning process in the software.
- Note: The scanning process may take some time depending on the size of your device’s storage.
- Step 5:
Select the deleted pictures you want to recover from the scan results and click on the “Recover” button to save them to your computer.
Accidentally deleting pictures from your Android device can be distressing, but with the right methods and tools, you can recover those cherished memories. Remember to regularly back up your photos to prevent permanent loss. Whether it’s through the Google Photos app, a file recovery app, or specialized software on your computer, the chances of recovering your deleted pictures are high.
Always be cautious when handling sensitive data and follow best practices for data backup to minimize the risk of accidental deletion. We hope this tutorial has helped you in recovering your precious photos!