Have you ever accidentally deleted precious photos from your Android device? Don’t panic!
There are methods to recover deleted photos on Android and restore those cherished memories. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process step by step.
Method 1: Check the Recently Deleted Folder
If you have an Android device with a built-in gallery app, it’s likely that deleted photos are temporarily stored in a “Recently Deleted” folder. Follow these steps to check if your photos are still there:
- Open the Gallery app on your Android device.
- Look for the “Recently Deleted” folder. It may be located in the main menu or within a specific album.
- Tap on the “Recently Deleted” folder to view its contents.
- If you find your deleted photos, select the ones you want to recover and tap on the “Restore” button.
Note: The availability of a “Recently Deleted” folder depends on your specific device and gallery app. If you don’t find this folder, don’t worry. There are alternative methods to recover your deleted photos.
Method 2: Use a Photo Recovery App
If your device doesn’t have a built-in “Recently Deleted” folder or if your photos are not found there, using a third-party photo recovery app can be an effective solution. Here’s how:
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for a reputable photo recovery app like “DiskDigger,” “Dr.Fone,” or “EaseUS MobiSaver.”
- Select an app that suits your needs and has positive user reviews.
- Install and open the chosen app on your Android device.
- Grant necessary permissions to the app to access your device’s storage.
- Follow the on-screen instructions provided by the app to initiate a scan for deleted photos.
- Once the scan is complete, the app will display a list of recoverable photos.
- Select the photos you want to recover and tap on the “Recover” or “Restore” button.
Note: It’s important to act quickly when using a photo recovery app. Avoid installing new apps or saving new data on your device before attempting photo recovery, as it may overwrite the deleted files and reduce the chances of recovery.
Method 3: Connect Your Device to a Computer
If both of the previous methods fail, you can try connecting your Android device to a computer and use specialized software for photo recovery. Follow these steps:
- Connect your Android device to a computer using a USB cable.
- On your Android device, enable “USB Debugging” in the Developer Options. If you don’t see Developer Options in your settings, go to Settings > About Phone and tap on “Build Number” multiple times until Developer Options are enabled.
- On your computer, download and install a reliable photo recovery software like “Dr.Fone for Android,” “iMobie PhoneRescue,” or “Remo Recover.”
- Launch the installed software and follow its instructions to detect and connect to your Android device.
- Select the appropriate options within the software to initiate a scan for deleted photos on your connected Android device.
- Once the scan is complete, review the list of recoverable photos and select the ones you want to restore.
- Click on the “Recover” or “Restore” button to save the selected photos to your computer.
Note: Make sure not to disconnect your Android device during the photo recovery process, as it may interrupt the scan and potentially cause data loss.
Accidentally deleting photos from your Android device can be distressing, but with the right methods, you can recover those lost memories. Start by checking the “Recently Deleted” folder in your gallery app.
If that doesn’t work, try using a photo recovery app from the Google Play Store. If all else fails, connect your device to a computer and use specialized photo recovery software. Remember to act promptly and avoid saving new data on your device until you’ve attempted photo recovery.
We hope this tutorial has helped you in recovering your deleted photos on Android! Preserve those precious moments and always remember to create backups of important files to avoid future mishaps.