Do you often find yourself accidentally deleting important notes on your Mac? Don’t worry, there’s a way to recover them! In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the process of recovering deleted notes on Mac, step by step.
Step 1: Check the Recently Deleted folder
If you’ve recently deleted a note, it might still be in the “Recently Deleted” folder in the Notes app. To check if your note is there:
- Open the Notes app.
- Click on the “Recently Deleted” folder in the left sidebar.
- Search for your deleted note in the list.
- Select the note you want to recover.
- Right-click on it and choose “Undelete” from the context menu.
Step 2: Restore from Time Machine backup
If you regularly back up your Mac using Time Machine, chances are that your deleted notes are still recoverable. Here’s how to restore them:
- Connect your Time Machine backup drive to your Mac.
- Open the Finder and go to the location where your Notes app data is stored. By default, it’s located in “~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Notes”. You can navigate there by using the “Go to Folder” option in Finder’s “Go” menu.
- Select the desired backup date and time from Time Machine’s timeline.
- Navigate to the Notes folder in the backup and locate the deleted note.
- Drag and drop the note onto your desktop or any other desired location to restore it.
Step 3: Use a third-party data recovery tool
If you haven’t backed up your Mac or couldn’t find your deleted notes using the above methods, you can turn to third-party data recovery software. There are various options available online, such as Disk Drill, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, and Stellar Data Recovery.
Here’s a general process for using a third-party data recovery tool:
- Download and install the data recovery software on your Mac.
- Launch the software and Select the drive where your Notes app data is stored.
- Select the “Scan” option to start scanning for deleted notes.
- Browse through the scan results and look for your deleted notes.
- Select the notes you want to recover and choose the “Recover” option to restore them to a desired location on your Mac.
Losing important notes can be frustrating, but with these methods, you have a good chance of recovering them. Start by checking the “Recently Deleted” folder in the Notes app.
If that doesn’t work, try restoring from a Time Machine backup. And if all else fails, consider using a reliable third-party data recovery tool. Remember to regularly back up your Mac to prevent future data loss!
We hope this tutorial helped you recover your deleted notes on Mac. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.