Have you ever accidentally deleted important messages from your iPhone? Don’t worry, there’s still hope!
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of recovering deleted messages from your iPhone. So, let’s get started!
Step 1: Check Recently Deleted Folder
If you have recently deleted messages, the first place to look is the “Recently Deleted” folder within the Messages app. This folder keeps deleted messages for up to 30 days before permanently removing them. To check this folder, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Back” arrow at the top-left corner until you reach the main Messages screen.
- Step 3: Scroll down and look for “Recently Deleted” in red text.
- Step 4: Tap on “Recently Deleted” to access your deleted messages.
Step 2: Restore Messages From Recently Deleted Folder
If you find your deleted messages in the “Recently Deleted” folder, you can easily restore them back to their original location. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Open the “Recently Deleted” folder within the Messages app.
- Step 2: Tap on “Edit” at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Select the messages you want to recover by tapping on them. You can also choose “Select All” if you want to restore all messages.
- Step 4: Tap on “Recover” at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Step 3: Use iCloud Backup
If you couldn’t find your deleted messages in the “Recently Deleted” folder, don’t worry! If you have an iCloud backup, you can restore your entire iPhone to a previous backup that includes your deleted messages. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap on “Your Name” at the top of the screen.
- Step 3: Select “iCloud” and then “iCloud Backup“.
- Step 4: Make sure that “iCloud Backup” is enabled and tap on “Back Up Now” to create a new backup (if you haven’t done it recently).
- Step 5: Once the backup is complete, go back to the main Settings screen and select “General“.
- Step 6: Scroll down and tap on “Reset“.
- Step 7: Choose “Erase All Content and Settings“. This will erase all data from your iPhone.
- Note:: Before proceeding with this step, make sure you have a recent iCloud backup. Otherwise, you may lose important data.
- Step 8: Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your iPhone.
- Step 9: On the “Apps & Data” screen, select “Restore from iCloud Backup“.
- Step 10: Sign in to your iCloud account and choose the most recent backup that includes your deleted messages.
Restoring from an iCloud backup will replace all existing data on your iPhone with the data from the backup. Make sure you have a recent backup and proceed with caution.
Accidentally deleting messages can be a frustrating experience, but with these steps, you can recover them easily. Start by checking the “Recently Deleted” folder within the Messages app.
If that doesn’t work, use an iCloud backup to restore your iPhone to a previous state. Remember to create regular backups to avoid data loss in the future.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful in recovering your deleted messages from your iPhone. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to leave a comment below!